Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
We're seeking an Engineering Manager to be a part of the Scale Decomposition Team, in the Backbone group in Confluence Cloud Engineering. The best person for this role is someone that has strong team leadership skills and a collaborative spirit - someone who is comfortable saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order. This team often takes care of highly complex component and requires someone who see the bigger picture, distill that into goals and vision for the team, and not get lost in the details.
On their first day, we'll expect the candidates to have:
- 3+ years in engineering management following Agile development processes and leading a high performing development team
- Demonstrated experience building large scale web software
- Experience driving and managing technically challenging projects
- Managing and coaching team members skills and career growth
- Ability to communicate strategy, plans, and status at all levels of the Confluence Cloud organization
- A relentless focus on execution
- Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate across teams and departments to work with dependent teams and align on shared goals
- Ability to keep teams focussed through uncertainty
- Have a high level of empathy with our customers no matter how low on the stack your team is working
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
It's great if you have the experience with:
- Reactive programming
- Experience breaking down and decomposing monolithic applications into microservices
- Experience with modern microservices and microservice architectures
- Experience with the “you build it you run it” mindset - leading teams to own their software services from planning to building to operations.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.