|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on individual to join our team as the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting. This position is an excellent opportunity to grow with a dynamic company and will interface with key stakeholders in Finance, Legal, Tax and Accounting as well as other leaders across the organization.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare the consolidated financial statements and footnote disclosures on a quarterly and annual basis, as necessary, under public company accounting standards and establish related controls
- Be a key contributor in the Company’s preparation to potentially be a public company by researching disclosure requirements and preparing registration statements on Form S-1, as requested
- Be an integral player in the drafting of MD&A and assist in preparation of quarterly earnings release and related schedules
- Serve as a point of contact for external auditors on financial statement disclosure and tie out questions and assist under the direction of the Controller with the progress of the overall audit
- Research and document certains technical accounting issues and policies; effectively articulate the Company's positions for critical accounting issues with external auditors and internal stakeholders
- Maintain the Company’s accounting policies, establishment of controls and financial processes in the following areas: Stock based compensation and equity accounting; Debt and investments accounting; and Segment Reporting
- As a leader in the Samsara Accounting department, champion, embody, and promote Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we continue to scale
An ideal candidate also has:
- Total experience of minimum 8 to 10 years with a minimum of 6 years of Big Four public accounting experience, CPA license is required
- Extensive experience preparing and filing quarterly and annual SEC filings, including drafting financial statement footnotes, statement of cash flows, stockholders' equity, EPS, pro forma financial statements, and familiarity with non-GAAP financial information
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP (notably, ASC 718, 842, 505, 606, 280, 340, 830)
- Experience preparing technical position papers that document policies in a concise and comprehensive manner
- Capability to be a key contributor to SOX documentation and the development of the Company’s overall control environment.
- Ability to be a strong team player as well as work independently with superior attention to detail and capacity to lead projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with XBRL, HTML, financial reporting tools, and Netsuite
- IPO experience with SaaS and technology companies
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.