|Location:||Grass Valley, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis. The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements. They provide timely and accurate input on supplier performance and may be asked to participate in higher level supplier performance reviews with the strategic sourcing team. They also monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
As a Materials Planning Supervisor, you are responsible for;
- Directs and coordinates activities of employees engaged in production planning and the handling of raw materials, equipment, and supplies by performing them personally or through subordinate employees.
- Develops a strong team through training, coaching, and mentoring to achieve a world class capability of supply chain management.
- Manages daily scheduling activities of the planning group and takes the lead in decision making on changes affecting material inventory and lead times.
- Develops and executes sourcing strategies for each product category and vendor type to maximize quality and service while minimizing cost.
- Develops, implements, and monitors comprehensive inventory controls, and shipping and receiving policies.
- Develops, maintains, and utilizes SAP and other available software tools for planning, control and tracking, and purchase of Direct and Indirect items and services through external sourcing and/or inter-company transfer.
- Manages effective procedures and policies to ensure accuracy of BOM's, Routings, and master data.
- Develops inventory management programs.
- Monitors and manages the interaction between supply, logistics, and operations.
- Support the effective development and introduction of new products to ensure project timelines and budgets are met and the inventory impacts are managed without adverse impacts to turns or generate obsolete or excess inventory.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Materials Management preferred, Bachelor’s degree with suitable equivalent experience also considered.
- Competency in working ERP systems with strong knowledge of MRP and other Materials Management techniques. Experience in SAP highly valued.
- Strong overall technology usage skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office suite especially Excel skills.
- Experience in working in a LEAN manufacturing environment. Knowledge of Six Sigma, LEAN manufacturing valued.
- Project management experience combined with strong oral and written communication skills
- Keen negotiating skills, analytical skills, and attention to details are keys to success in this position.
- Highest level of accuracy/attention to detail in work to ensure standards of work are exemplary with minimal defect.
The position is located at our Grass Valley, CA site.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups