|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an engineer that has a passion for working on large scale projects for one of the most exciting and diverse divisions in the company? Are you looking for big, creative challenges that show immediate results, given that your customers will be just down the hall?Do you want to be at the core of it all, acting as a force multiplier enabling hordes of engineers to do their best work? If so, we have the perfect job for you!
This position for an Experience + Devices division wide initiative, spanning the full organization including Office, Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, Surface, Bing, Edge, Yammer and beyond! Our charter is focused on unlocking the knowledge hidden within our organization. So much of our information today is in team specific notebooks, PowerPoints, training videos, or locked away in the minds of senior engineers. To extract, index, curate, and maintain this knowledge will require a new set of techniques and technologies. To keep this information relevant and fresh, we will need to create and foster a documentation culture across our organization.
Documentation is a critical part of engineering success. It's often times one of the top satisfaction contributors to an engineer's overall experience. We plan to empower our team's customer-engineers to move the needle in their documentation experience by creating:
- Friction-free ways for them to document this knowledge.
- Integrated search capabilities for them to make that knowledge accessible.
- Actionable metadata to understand what they are looking for and how they consume it.
- Automated governance to keep the data fresh, and pruned to maintain relevancy.
This is a v1 greenfield team homed in Office Engineering Systems. There is no existing playbook. While guided by goals above, you will be blazing a new path for this space, helping define, shape and realize the vision of making all of our knowledge accessible. We will start with our charter in E+D, but as we ship our services and build our playbook, we aim to continue growing this charter beyond our division.
Reflective of the geographic diversity of the E+D organization, this team will span both Redmond and Vancouver sites. Being able to successfully work with remote partners is a requirement. A significant part of the responsibilities of this role will be to partner with other orgs.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software engineering related experience
- A demonstrable understanding of software development concepts, project management, and good communication
- Experience architecting and delivering distributed cloud services, Azure preferred.
- Experience developing, debugging, and maintaining code in any language
- Demonstrable organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Passion for Data is desireable
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.