|Location:||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Redmond, Washington, Reno, Nevada|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Business Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, recognizes, and rewards great work.
The Business Process & Analytics team within Microsoft Business Operations is responsible to lead aspects of planning, implementation, optimization & business analytics.
These responsibilities include:
- Owning & managing the Operations process portfolio inclusive of operational controls & risk assessment. Managing through Operations Delivery Life-cycle (ODLC).
- Lead aspects of process excellence and optimization to drive efficacy in how we transact, improve and protect processes.
- Identification and ownership of optimization opportunities. This includes aspect of prioritizing, design & tracking business benefits across policy, program and process.
- Leading the implementation of new launches in conjunction with established Process Areas (Contracts, Sales, Orders, Billing, etc.) on behalf of the organization.
- Fostering a data-driven culture; to encourage and enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions through data & business analytics.
The Process Program Manager is responsible for several key engagements across Microsoft as they manage a portfolio of optimization efforts requiring assessment, design, and requirements definition for internal processes. This requires the ability to develop and nurture relationships while driving impact and change to the business.
This role leads new process design, focused on balancing cost reduction with improving quality and speed, with strong process methodology expertise and a mix of Subject Matter Expertise on the business, systems and processes. Cross team collaboration is required across a broad range of teams from Operations, Sales, Business Planning, Policy, Engineering and Finance with an ability to effectively influence decisions, direction, and outcomes.
- The Process Program Manager will identify and implement industry best practices to improve existing processes, demonstrating impact within a results-driven, highly ambiguous and dynamic environment.
- Develop a deep understanding of our businesses to identify opportunities for process optimization and improvements in core processes through synthesis of ideas and industry best practices with a process excellence approach.
- Lead and drive high-profile projects across a variety of cross-group stakeholders effectively to drive results.
- Create and maintain Portfolio of optimization efforts centered around digital transformation (improve existing process and providing requirements for what’s next).
- Deliver technical and business process design requirements for optimization through process changes and/or digital transformation of processes (contribute to overall prioritizing of efforts with measurable projected improvements).
- Develop process and data flow diagrams using business and data analysis to determine process, data flow characteristics and business model requirements.
- Identify gaps that exist outside of and within multiple established Process Area models with intent to optimize and resolve barriers to efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Can think creatively, strong analytical skill-set, objective and independent, and can speak in both business and technical terms.
- Demonstrates design thinking that enables synthesizing of many ideas into big-picture view with connections between business intention and action.
- Ability to lead/drive high-profile projects across a variety of cross-group stakeholders effectively to drive results.
- Embraces continuous improvement and new ways of doing things, navigating in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment and while providing structure and organizational leadership to drive transformational change.
- Strong Communication and collaboration skills with ability to articulate insights and findings to cross functional team members and management. Ability to document and speak to business requirements for both Engineering and business stakeholder consumption.
- Team player – leverage and contribute effectively to the work of others and works well within a matrix team environment.
- Demonstrates an inquisitive nature, with analytical acumen and data retrieval, analysis, and visualization abilities.
- Experience modeling AS IS and TO BE processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Experience developing data flow diagrams using business and data analysis to determine data flow characteristics and data model requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of related business operations experience in a global environment
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and capabilities in diverse and highly complex environments including both team and individual based environments.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in driving improvements and the ability to simplify complex situations with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project and process management with proven ability for planning, scheduling & coordinating
- 4+ years of demonstrated Global Program Management or Project Management experience preferably in a technology or data operations environment.
- Applied understanding of Agile Methodology or Scrum.
- Proficient working with large data sets (structured and unstructured), relational databases. Track record of successful delivery of complex global solutions to support enterprise business objectives.
- Track record of breaking down organizational barriers and working with others within your team and other organizations to maximize impact.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.