|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a customer focused product and team leader to help grow our thriving enterprise identity and access management business at Microsoft. As organizations adopt cloud-first strategies and increase their use of cloud services, the need for standardized, secure, easy to use ways to govern and manage access to resources in a compliant manner has become even more important than ever. The challenge is to deliver on secure governance from the cloud so organizations can confidently move off legacy systems and manage access from anywhere with as little end user friction as possible.
As a Principal PM Manager on the Azure Active Directory identity governance and access management team, you will be responsible for creating and leading a strategy and vision to help organizations connect applications and apply access management capabilities that span SaaS applications from software vendors, as well as traditional on-premises applications and internally developed applications. You will engage with customers to understand their needs, you will partner with engineering and customer success teams within the Identity division and across Microsoft to deliver new product capabilities that can be successfully deployed by customers. You will have the opportunity to foster a supportive and inclusive team culture where employees care about each other, are customer obsessed, data driven and help each other succeed by modeling these behaviors yourself. As a manager, you will be a mentor and coach for your team members as they develop in their careers. Your ability to partner and collaborate with a diverse set of individuals across the company will be critical.
The Microsoft Identity team is an inclusive and collaborative community of engineers who are committed to working closely with customers. We want to build strong relationships with them to make sure we deeply understand their requirements and deliver solutions that not only satisfy their needs but exceed their expectations.
If that sounds like the right environment for you, please join us! #IdentityJobs
- Creating and driving a strategy for connecting applications to Azure AD that aligns with Microsoft all up efforts
- Working closely with customers, software vendors to understand what product capabilities are needed
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring a team of program/product managers
- Partnering with related engineering teams to ensure that product features are aligned and work together to customers’ benefit
- Partnering with customer success and Microsoft technical sales teams to drive adoption of features
- Do you have 7+ years’ of Program and/or Product management experience?
- Do you at least 2+ years have experience managing a team of direct reports?
- Have you created and/or participated in the creation of a software product, service, or feature (from a PM perspective)?
- Do you have experience writing product specifications?
- Do you have experience collaborating directly with engineering teams to create and/or ship a product, service, or feature?
- Do you have experience with enterprise security management, identity, authentication, or authorization-related software technologies?
- Are you willing to relocate to the greater Seattle area (Post COVID-19)?
- Do you have current work authorization to work in the USA?
- Strong empathy for customers, partners, and teammates
- Ability to showcase customer focus, relating to defining and delivering features and products that drive high customer satisfaction and engagement.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.