|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Software Engineer, Custom Security Tools
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Our team, Custom Security Tools & Engineering is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join us as we create and deliver mission critical services and processes to enable Microsoft’s Identity Platform.
We build and manage applications for Microsoft’s on-prem identity services and platform. The team is customer focused with an emphasis on security, a great user experience and high reliability. If that sounds like the right environment for you, please join us! If you have experience working with high scale applications and services, come and share your learnings; otherwise bring your passion and willingness to learn.
You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our world-wide operations. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies as the earliest adopters while mentoring other team members.
- Architect, design and implement large scale and full stack systems
- Adhere to modern engineering practices, effective coding, writing unit test cases, debugging, code reviewing and creating CI/CD pipelines
- Work with customers and collaboration with cross team
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and help manage priorities, deliverables and timelines
- Coach and review work of peer members
- 8+ years of software development and design experience
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience in Identity space or Identity Management Tools
- Demonstrate passion and ability in collaborating with external teams, partners and customers
- Strong aptitude in architecting, designing, coding, debugging, code reviewing and delivering excellent products
- Technical passion, Problem solving skills, and the ability to work independently
- Experience with owning or driving large scale services, components or feature areas
- Experience leading a team of 2+ engineers on mission critical projects
- Experience optimizing automation, reliability and monitoring
- Strong communication skills, customer focus and data driven approach
- End-to-end Delivery & Innovation
- Agility in fast paced environment
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in Identity Management, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning telemetry. In addition, this position requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.