|Job Type:||Full Time|
This spring, Microsoft Edge released our new browser built upon the Chromium open source project. With it, we have started a journey to create better web compatibility for our customers, and a less fragmented web for all web developers.
The Edge Continuous Shipping team enables the entire engineering organization to operate on data-first decision making, building the systems and platforms for telemetry, feedback, and crash detection. Our team ensures that Microsoft Edge is easy to acquire and is kept up to date across four release channels and all platforms at a consistent and predictable cadence. This ranges from the daily Canary builds to the Stable Channel builds which get major version updates every six weeks. We also build the systems that power controlled feature rollout and experimentation.
We ensure customer data is treated with dignity, while making certain the Edge team has easy access to the right data at the right time to take the right actions. We partner with the Data Science team to provide deep analytical insight into customer behavior and engagement.
We are focused on operational excellence (400 flights per year) through continually learning and innovating. We’ve made a lot of progress in the past year, and there’s so much more to do! We have a lot of ideas for what the future of Edge can be, and we’d love yours as well. Microsoft Edge is hiring software engineers to help build the next version of the most productive & secure experience of the web. We seek to delight consumers, enterprises, people in education and developers as we work on one of Microsoft's most important software experiences. We have openings that will enable you to put your passion to use while having impact across Microsoft Edge and all of Microsoft.
Find out more about what the team is up to in our blog: https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/.
We are looking for creative and passionate Software Engineer II to join our team. As part of the Microsoft Edge Update team, you can work on making the web better by developing the tools and web platform for modern application developers.
Together we will:
- Deliver with high reliability, daily updates to a customer base of > 500 million users
- Develop and perfect the platform on which the rest of Microsoft Edge is built, including such peer-to-peer technologies as
- Partner with designers, program managers, and data scientists to deliver a product that delights users based on their feedback
- Foster a collaborative relationship with partner teams and the open-source community
- 4+ years of equivalent work experience in software development
- Strong coding and debugging skills in C++ and git
- Win32 Application development
- Experience with shipping software products
- Network transport development experience (e.g. winhttp, BITS)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), a desire to collaborate
- Enthusiasm for driving quality using data
If you have read this far and are excited, then what are you waiting for? Connect with us!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.