|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you enjoy working with dynamic people to solve complex business problems? If you love a challenge, have a passion for results, and have audit expertise and skills, exemplary program management, and cross-group collaboration, we want you. This position is responsible for developing and managing a risk-based, outcome-focused audit program supporting Microsoft’s work with the U.S. Federal Government.
The IT Audit Manager (Microsoft Federal) is responsible for evaluating risks and controls across governance, execution and management of IT infrastructure, Security, Operations, engineering promises and related processes including Privacy, applicable to specific Federal customers.
This evaluation will be accomplished by conducting internal audit projects to include the communication of observations, risks, recommendations and conclusions reached, as well as providing consulting services regarding risk and controls on a wide range of projects and corporate initiatives. Responsibilities include the review of infrastructure, security, processes and technologies, and IT operations. Audit results reflect value-added recommendations, process improvements, strengthened internal control and business objective assessments
- Support project planning for Microsoft’s technology infrastructure, security, and IT processes.
- Perform audits, consulting engagements, and other influencing activities of infrastructure technologies, security, supporting operations, and processes.
- Conduct reviews in highly technical areas of current/emerging technologies including cloud, security, distributed computing, IoT, Zero Trust Networks, High Value Asset Protection.
- Remain current and increase knowledge in the areas of auditing, business, company products and company information and Microsoft technologies, applications and other related technologies, utilizing self-study and/or continuing education efforts.
- Develop draft audit reports by identifying and gathering support for potential issues, and recommending solutions.
- Utilize departmental audit systems to manage projects, work papers, risk assessment, reporting and reporting follow-up.
- Communicate with departmental representatives and management regarding the project status.
- Coordinate with external auditors, and work with outside contractors with respect to specific IT audit engagements.
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships with internal and external customers, managers and staff.
- Advise and influence a team of technical auditors; providing technical and quality oversight, advice to internal audit projects and consulting services regarding technologies, IT risk and controls, and provide guidance and training opportunities.
- Support Program Manager on risk assessment and audit program development.
- Manage certain administrative functions related to the audit, including staff performance evaluations.
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology, hardware or software product development, IT audit, IT Assurance, IT Security operations or IT security architecture or closely related field.
- Proven team player with demonstrated skills working on strong, effective and self-directed teams
- Ability to travel domestically for 2-3 week periods up to 20% of the year.
Specific Functional/Technical Skills:
- Ability to communicate highly technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences and demonstrated innovation in IT audit program development and delivery.
- Knowledge of external leading risk and controls frameworks such as NIST, COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and related Technology), ISO27000, and IT related internal controls
The following are preferred:
- Professional certification such as CISSP, GIAC, MCSE, CCNA, CISA, CIA
- Experience with networks, security and specialized skills and experience
Security Clearance Requirements:
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the recruiter. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.