|Location:||Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Los Angeles, California, New York, New York, Seattle, Washington, United States, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our CEO, Satya Nadella has infused a growth mind set with a diverse and positive culture where we all collaborate in open and safe environment because we understand that all voices matter. Our mission statement defines our culture, “Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Diversity and inclusion are inherent to this mission. When we form a diverse, welcoming environment, imbued with our values of respect, integrity, and accountability, employees can do their best work. And, when our organization is diverse and inclusive, we can provide technology solutions that serve the full range of humanity.”
Join a team of Cybersecurity Professionals lead by a diverse set of leaders from across the industry. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team.
Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in cyber security and research, to provide its customers with the solutions to confidently move to the cloud and modernize their platforms by delivering the security and compliance solutions, expertise and services needed to keep their data safe. In the Security Solutions Area, we are passionate about this mission and the Worldwide Security Sales team is looking for a motivated and self-driven leader to fill a key role as an Worldwide Sales Lead, Compliance and Identity. As a Worldwide Sales lead, you will be responsible for understanding the market, gaining insights, setting the strategy and ultimately the success of our Identity and Compliance business worldwide. The ideal candidate will have experience in Compliance and Identity, and the ability to pull insights from a vast amount of data. Candidate should be comfortable presenting to a wide range and size of internal and external audiences on the subject matter.
The security market is evolving at lightning speed, with distributed teams, brand-new business models, and complex security issues. The right digital tools connect and support employees, wherever they are, to encourage productivity, engagement, and collaboration.
In this role, you will work directly with customers, partners, worldwide field teams and Corporate Business Groups to formulate sales strategy and plans. You will lead execution of these strategies through working directly with field account teams, Global Black Belts and strategic customers and partners to achieve sales results. You will also partner with time zone and area leadership to ensure plans are in place to achieve our sales and deployment goals. You will take this first-hand experience and synthesize feedback to scale the business, optimize execution and drive course corrections to grow revenue and share. In addition, you will provide strategic insights and recommendations for changes in overall strategy back to both Sales and Business Group Executives.
Core areas of responsibility include:
- Sales Guidance and Landing. Execute sales strategies and best practices to drive wins for Compliance and Identity and land sales guidance “on-the-road” with our field sellers. This includes visits to worldwide locations to deliver guidance and coaching with field and Global Blackbelt teams remotely.
- Voice of the Customer. Sales Leads are responsible for identifying systemic issues impacting our sales execution with customers and partners and representing these back to corporate stakeholders to drive required changes and drive success.
- Customer deals. The worldwide sales leads also are world-class sellers and engage in strategic deals with our biggest customers. We also work to land marquee wins to help build out our customer references within strategic industries.
- Sales Excellence. Sale Leads are accountable for the success of the Security business and their respective strategic growth areas. This includes engaging on pipeline health and deal status for strategic opportunities and big bets categories. Sales leads are responsible for ensuring appropriate qualified pipeline is in place to achieve budget targets, identifying blockers to attainment, and driving resolution with core stakeholders.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience:
10+ years of experience:
- Demonstrated solution sales or technical sales leadership for Security
- Demonstrated Sales and Sales Management experience in Industry-aligned Enterprise sales.
- Experience selling software-as-a-service or cloud-based solutions to enterprise customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Security solutions (both Modern Work and Azure)
- Identifying unique and complex business challenges and solutions
- Leading multi-million-dollar deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, solution, technical, licensing & legal team members.
- Experience successfully displacing competitors
- Carrying and exceeding a large sales quota by driving and closing enterprise deals
- Demonstrated passion and commitment for customer success
- Possess strong knowledge of the assigned workload product category
Deep Understanding of:
- Security and compliance solutions and how they translate into business impact
- The security, regulatory and compliance needs of global customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s commercial cloud offerings – including Modern Work and Microsoft Azure
- Security competitors and related ecosystem
- The latest business value selling methodologies, practices and technologies that drive sales prospecting and sales management in complex solution selling environments.
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customer needs.
- Adept at challenging perspectives with new ideas that reframes thinking about deriving value from Microsoft solutions.
- Very strong presentation, whiteboarding and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leader able to coach and inspire a diverse team of Specialists and Technical Specialists.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Experience launching new products and building business (market makers)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
This role involves international travel.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.