|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a journey to create new experiences with Surface Duo. We believe in building devices that fully express the Microsoft vision. Fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want.
The Imaging and Provisioning teams collectively bring together the user experiences into a software image and facilitates staging the devices with appropriate content for any target region in the world. Android provides a multitude of methods to reduce the number of images needed to scale to all device and sku types while providing a unique customized experience for each user. We strive to master these tools and bring our own innovations to the table as well. Using these innovations, our team enables a very high production throughput at the factory by optimizing iteration cycles between them and the core devices team. Most importantly this work needs to come together in a way that creates a delightful user experience – a keen eye for end user polish is critical.
We are seeking a talented quality focused developer with prior experience validating embedded Linux / Android based devices. You need to be comfortable with the Linux console and directly interfacing with embedded devices. You will need to update and maintain the test cases needed to successfully deploy an OS image and various settings to embedded devices. You will automate test cases and maintain the framework used to execute the cases. You will need to clearly communicate the status of the validation passes to various stakeholders located in the US with well-formed automatically generated reports.
- Validate embedded Linux / Android based devices
- Bring up automation test frameworks and cases
- Test plan and case development
- Optimize test reporting
- Debug and root cause yield issues in the factory
- Communicate regular progress to concerned area owners in the US
- Six or more years of experience developing automation testing
- Two of more years of experience in designing or coding with Python
- Experience writing test plans and cases for Android
- Experience working with consoles, command line and directly interfacing with embedded devices - ideally with adb
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to precisely follow written steps
- Very self-driven and able to partner closely with development peers.
- Strong critical thinking and questioning skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s Degree is a plus)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.