|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Networking Team is growing and we’re looking for a creative and hard-working engineer who can combine networking experience with software development fundamentals to help build the world’s best private backbone network and SDN platform. We’re passionate about automating every facet of the network to converge on a self-growing, self-healing network. We want engineers that are equally passionate and can look at the problems with a Customer's perspective to create user experiences that truly enable and empower Technicians, Engineers and Planners.
Focusing on the global backbone network, and working closely with partner teams in Azure Networking, you’ll be a critical part designing and developing automation and large-scale services that drive our network to autonomy. This will include owning components from design through to deployment and operations. This is a high visibility position in an area of large and expanding investment for Microsoft Azure and offers a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth.
- Specializing on the WAN, the engineer will gather requirements, develop innovative solutions, prototype them in a physical and emulated lab environment, pilot it in production, document and operationalize the chosen solution.
- Resolve live site issues by troubleshooting complex network components and features (e.g., device operating systems).
- Lead customer-facing and critical troubleshooting efforts under time sensitive situations.
- Writing drivers and abstraction layer for deploying new routing features across the network, enabling fast deployment and quality operations
- Support innovation and cost management by developing new ideas for network systems and tools that meet customer and/or business needs.
- Take your ideas from design to production – own it end to end.
- 6+ years of network engineering experience in an online services, internet service provider or large enterprise environment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering (or a related field), or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience in the networking domain, including C#, Python, Go, REST, YAML, and workflow systems.
- Experience with routing protocols such as: ISIS, OSPF, BGP, and MPLS technologies
- Self-starter with proven ability to develop creative solutions that enable Customers.
- Interest and ability to research new and emerging technologies to better solve networking problems.
- Proven track record of getting hands dirty to fix problems
- CCIE/JNCIE is highly desired
- Experience with traffic engineering solutions such as RSVP-TE, Segment Routing
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.