|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Azure Edge Devices (AED) team is chartered with building devices and experiences that help our ecosystem of partners and customers leverage Azure to accelerate their creation and adoption of the next generation of connected, intelligent, and autonomous edge solutions. We work across a wide range of industries, partner types, device form factors, and service technologies to enable new application scenarios, provide in-depth business insights and safeguard the security and privacy of our customer/partners data.
The AED Engineering Services team is looking for an experienced Program Manager to help our hardware partners build high-quality, differentiated devices and solutions across the entire ecosystem of Windows and Intelligent Edge. This team partners with groups across Microsoft to enable the broad ecosystem to thrive.
You will work closely with Microsoft’s hardware partners, such as OEMs, ODMs, Silicon partners and IHVs, as the primary contact to help assigned partners with engineering readiness and device/solution implementation. You will help drive their device/solution quality, either through direct delivery or by coordinating Microsoft technical resources. You will navigate across a wide spectrum of Microsoft groups and levels, from Sales and Support to Program Managers, Development teams, and Microsoft Executives.
The challenge is big and so is the impact you’ll have! We are passionate and focused on driving a data-driven engineering culture across our hardware ecosystem through collaboration and co-engineering.
You will bring:
- Passion for working with a skilled team in a partner-facing role.
- Customer obsession, curiosity, and a bias for action with a data-driven approach
- A keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize deliverables, meet targets, and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across internal teams and partner engineering teams.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and issues for device partners while integrating with Microsoft technologies.
- Ability to motivate/inspire and define clarity and high degree of ambiguity/uncertainty
- Can drive for results while maintaining the highest quality standards
Experience with any of the following is a major plus:
- Direct partner engagement
- Demonstrated experience shipping products
- Proven customer and cross team collaboration experience.
- Passion for team health and peer development.
- Proactive communication skills and the ability to be an effective influencer
- Proven capability as a public speaker
- Broad technical knowledge across Microsoft products, test tools, validation tools and troubleshooting skills in hardware architecture and Edge Solutions.
- 8+ years’ experience working with Microsoft Windows Server, IoT, and/or Azure Services.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organizational teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and requests from partners and manage partner expectations and communications.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues across hardware, software, and/ or services.
- Hardware, driver/product development background.
- Proven understanding of OEM/ODM business needs, knowledge of computer industry issues, and demonstrated customer engagement experience.
- Proficient technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest hardware technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Azure IoT Services.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and customers.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check - This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.