|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. As a studio, the quality of our products is our top priority, and we are investing in modernizing our development process so we can ship higher quality code to our players, faster.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Systems Engineering Pipelines team. This team provides shared automation infrastructure supporting 15+ platforms and a range of game titles, services, and other franchise deliverables. Nearly everything we do integrates with cloud services such as Azure DevOps, GitHub, AppCenter, dozens of Azure resources and more. Our tech stack is primarily Azure Functions to support both cloud hosted automation devices and on-premise devices. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and building systems that will advance the state of the art in test automation for video games.
- Ability to architect, design and implement scalable, maintainable services across various Azure-based and on-premise architectures
- A passion for making software engineering more efficient by designing and developing solutions that not only scale but are easy to use and support
- A passion for mentorship to help grow both
- Willingness to provide efficient and kind troubleshooting for Minecraft developers who depend on our infrastructure and funnel feedback into the team to drive future improvements
- Experience working across disciplines, groups, and teams
- 5+ years of C# software engineering experience
- 3+ years developing Web services/sites in Azure or similar cloud infrastructure
- Familiar with test automation infrastructure & systems
- Familiar with cross-platform development and scripting
- Demonstrable organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.