|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in helping Microsoft advance our culture of Diversity & Inclusion by enabling data-driven decisions? The HR Business Insights (HRBI) Director leads a team of analysts partnering with Microsoft HR’s Global Diversity & Inclusion (GD&I) Leadership team by applying analytics and research to multi-faceted people priorities, opportunities and challenges. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong analytical skills, and experience in being a strategic partner to lead a team and play a key role in advancing our GD&I strategy. In this important role, you will work with the GD&I HR leaders to understand the strategy and priorities while coming up with ways to measure, analyze and predict trends. The ideal candidate will be able to distil down complex analytics into clear actions and story-telling for a wide range of audiences.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Partner directly with the Chief Diversity Officer to propose data driven solutions which proactively help the organization make progress on D&I.
- Lead a team of professionals responsible for analyzing data to draw insights and conclusions that can enable data driven business decisions on D&I for all facets of talent life cycle.
- Integrate across the Center of Excellence and HR Line organizations as a thought leader by synthesizing business problems that enable analytics to drive relevant and actionable insights to senior leaders.
- Effectively plan, contract and communicate with customers and partners to define responsibilities, timelines and deliverables.
- Enable a data-driven culture within HR by educating clients on how to leverage self-service solutions that are simple, global, scale able and repeatable data solutions to tell stories with data.
Qualifications include the following:
- 5-7 years’ progressive work experience applying analytical methods to business problems, driving improved decision-making and outcomes; HR experience preferred
- 4+ years of management experience with a passion for leading teams and developing talent
- BA/BS degree in Business, Economics, Human Resources, or Finance preferred
- MA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries
- Willingness to adapt quickly to shifting business priorities and ability to work effectively under pressure with multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Polished presentation skills: building meaningful slides, presenting them effectively to senior level clients and management, responding to questions on-the-fly based on in-role business context and acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally face to face or virtually with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- In-depth experience with Excel including pivot tables, lookups, graphing and charting functionality and passionate about technology
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.