|Job Type:||Full Time|
Does the opportunity to lead content moderation operations for Microsoft News and Content Services products and services across the globe sound exciting? Are you looking to flex your experience with global news, feeds and/or content moderation operations leadership? If so, this role with our News & Feeds team may be a perfect opportunity.
Within News & Feeds, we are a dedicated and highly collaborative group of technical, product and design people who consider ourselves lucky to be working on the cutting-edge of news & feeds experiences at a critical time in human history; with a “startup” mentality, with all the benefits of a being part of a global company. The scope of our work is truly impressive.
Within the Web Experiences Organization, in this role you will report directly to the head of Global Content Ecosystem & Operations and will oversee FTEs, vendors and crowd across all of our content ecosystem experiences (Microsoft News products and services globally – 180 countries, scaling to 300). In this role, your goal will be to ensure content ranging from premium publishers to user contributions (UGC) and everything in between, meets our standards.
This experienced lead cares about the future of news and content feed experiences for 1B users worldwide.
In this role you will:
- define global content moderation criteria, guidelines, playbook and guidance for edge case decision making
- be accountable for defining crowd, vendor and FTE escalation criteria and judging process
- define and oversee appeals process
- manage day to day and ensure 24/7 global content moderation ops team processes and optimize for quality, accuracy and efficiency
- work closely across sister product, tooling, market + partner success teams to ensure SLAs and quality bars are met, even amidst geopolitical nuance in certain markets
- identify and execute on process and budget efficiencies
- ensure global content moderation market readiness during this critical time of growth
- 3+ years of experience leading global content operations teams
- 3+ years of global news, feeds and/or content moderation experience
- 3+ years of experience in user contributions content moderation
- 3+ years of experience managing crowd, vendor and/or full time teams
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.