|Location:||San Jose, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Technical Operations. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skillful use of automation. If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale with automation, testing and tuning then we would love to hear from you.
For this role we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a great track-record in automation at scale. Someone who exemplifies the ethics of, “If you have to do something more than once, automate it,” and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools. Experienced individuals who have a passion for infrastructure as code and a subject matter expert in Container services such as ECS and building true Auto-scaling configurations.
You will work on:
- Identifying and automating manual processes
- Designing, building and deploying Okta's production infrastructure
- Promoting and applying best practices for building scalable and reliable services across engineering
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks and procedures
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have strong Linux and networking fundamentals (Amazon Linux, RH, Ubuntu)
- Prefer scripting (and building test-cases) in Python, Ruby, Go, Bash
- Are an Infrastructure-as-code native: Chef, Terraform, TF Live, Ansible
- Have experience automating and deploying large auto-scaled production services in AWS (EC2, ECS, Lambda, IAM, KMS, Kinesis, RDS)
- Get containers - Docker/Envoy, ECS, Kubernetes or EKS
- Understanding of logging and Splunk, Wavefront or ELK stack
Okta is an active, vibrant place that rewards creativity and unconventional thinking. We know that forging new connections between people and technology is no small feat, so we stick together. We work hard and challenge each other. We offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation, career growth opportunities, flexible time-off, catered lunches / free snacks, and much more!
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.