|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person on the planet to achieve more. For over 35 years, Windows has played a critical role in our progress toward that mission—democratizing powerful productivity tools to help people do great things. 1 billion people on the planet use Windows to learn new skills, write their resumes, train for their jobs, and build new businesses, so they can support their families, realize their dreams, and live fulfilling lives.
The Windows finance team is looking for a highly motivated Finance professional with strong finance & business acumen to play a key role focused on understanding and telling the Windows story. This role will partner directly with the Field, Marketing and Device Market Intelligence teams to drive strong predictable business performance, leverage insights and analytics to drive results and ensure the leadership team has a clear understanding of business drivers, dependencies and risks impacting business results.
This position works closely with the field marketing and Device Market Intelligence organizations.
Specific responsibilities for the role include the following:
- Develop growth plans and targets for the Windows Device Licensing and Store businesses in partnership with product marketing and business planning.
- Partner with stakeholders across marketing, sales, engineering, and finance to deliver in-year execution against our revenue, gross margin, and scorecard goals.
- Deliver insightful insights and evaluate trends to improve business performance, including proactive management and evaluation of sales, marketing and COGS investments that enables leadership to drive informed business decisions and actions.
- Shape and frame the market and demand perspective by analyzing consumer and commercial behavior through telemetry, key performance indicators, and external research.
Business and Finance Process Excellence:
- Drive the simplification of our key processes (close, forecast, target planning, scorecard planning) to ensure that they are delivering the desired value as efficiently as possible.
- Partner with the infrastructure and tools team to prioritize and support the automation of repetitive processes and reduce cycle time of the team.
Business Enablement and Compliance:
- Ensure rigorous compliance around measurement of scorecard metrics.
- Partner with the Experiences & Devices Group Controls & Compliance team to ensure that new business models are rolled out in a compliant manner.
- Lead the Windows Device Licensing and Store team that covers an array of products and experiences.
- Attract consistently great talent to the team and grow talent by challenging individuals to expand the scope of their current roles.
- Drive a culture of diversity and inclusion ensuring every individual is recognized for the value they bring to the team.
- Key leader in supporting the culture and impact of the director and management community within EDG Finance.
- 12 years of relevant experience in financial analysis, (ideally in the technology industry), investment banking or consulting businesses.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent/greater degree.
- Action oriented and able to connect the dots across multiple data sets and inputs to derive insights.
- Simplify through succinct storytelling, insightful presentations, and excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Growth mindset - deeply curious with a genuine desire to really understand the business, continuously learn and drive impact.
- Capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse teams.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.