|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Global Quality Systems Manager is a critical quality leader for the TE Industrial & Commercial Transportation (ICT) business. The right leader will be responsible to:
- Standardize and optimize TE ICT quality systems
- Ensure that Corporate Quality Management System requirements are cascaded and understood within business unit QMS.
- Execute key strategies consistent with operational performance and measures.
- Coordinate, implement and support specific Quality Standards (e.g. ISO9001, IATF 16949) across the BU and ensure the process requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure correct document control on ICT Business Unit level procedures.
- Support Customer Special Requirement reviews and dissemination and compliance where agreements are reached.
- Assist in coordination and preparation of customer audits. Participate on-site for key customer audits as needed.
- Conduct business unit level management reviews on a bi-annual basis. Participate in local site reviews and ensure all input and output requirements are covered.
- Conduct training for Quality Management System standards.
- Monitor corrective actions from audits and ensure their completion.
- Maintain the Quality Management System SharePoint.
- Develop ICT internal audit methods and competency
- Conduct process based internal audits to ensure compliance to TE procedures and standards.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the Quality Management System
- Support KPI(s) and alignment to the overall business unit strategy and QMS conformance.
- Support non-ICT remote locations that are supporting ICT mfg. sites.
Click here to learn more about Life at TE.
- Bachelor’s Degree (technical/business)
- Min. 5 years' in quality system leadership role
- Experience in driving improvement initiatives > 5 years
- Experience in organizing and conducting internal audits to ISO and Automotive standards, lead auditor certification
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Automotive experience and knowledge preferred
- PPAP, Customer Special Requirements, Problem Solving, Corrective Action, Quality Systems, Lean practices,
- Understanding of molding and assembly operations. Direct operations experience plus.
- Must be fluent in English; both oral and written.
- ~25% travel, including international (after Covid)
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.