|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Experience & Success
Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
We are looking for a dynamic, strategic thinker and experienced Business Analytics & Insights Manager to lead a team of Business Analysts, to enable decision support insights related to workforce management. This is a critical role in the Resource Strategy business unit in CE&S. A successful candidate, in this role, will be a highly motivated person who can solve complex business problems, prioritize, and setup scalable analytic programs. This role will require deep business understanding, and hands-on expertise on analytical frameworks including aspects of data engineering required to create non-obvious insights for the business. The person in this role will also need to be adept at managing constant business change, rapidly evolving requirements, adjustments in strategic direction, and emerging technologies. She/he will need to be agile and flexible, yet strong and disciplined. Also important is the ability to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside group, and accommodate the working styles of our diverse team. A tremendous opportunity to make a difference across the organization and for our customers!
- Own the end to end insights creation-to-consumption lifecycle, leading business problem definition, hypotheses formulation, designing and delivering the solution
- Generate business impact through deployment of business intelligence & analytics solutions related to workforce management, workforce productivity, capacity and resource management.
- Engage with business stakeholders across the organization to frame, structure and prioritize business problems, developing analytical solutions for the same.
- Drive the adoption of business insights with the intended audience to realize the business value
- Partner with sister teams (BI & Taxonomy) to enable data availability, data quality and integrity, and Taxonomy alignment
- Engage with Operations functions leads to determine Capacity related data feeds required to enable key workforce planning capabilities or enhance feature sets in current tools
- Work seamlessly with peers and functional leads to positively influence broader outcomes, drive best practice as a team and continue to drive our customer obsession culture.
- Drive the programmatic execution of prioritized analytic workstreams in an agile manner.
- Manage and lead a diverse team, to be savvy in usage and application of BI & Analytics concepts & tools to develop insight assets and solutions
- Promote an environment of curiosity and learning that led to higher impact and results.
- Attract and retain diverse talent. Drive inclusion in everything you do
- Be part of a thriving practice that's constantly looking for ways to improve our customers’ experience.
- Technical skills and know-how related to data wrangling, data analysis & data engineering
- 2+ years of experience in managing or leading teams focused on BI/Analytics
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Business Analytics or related field leading largescale complex programs focused on Data & Analytics.
- 10+ years of overall professional experience
- Proven leadership, organizational agility, and executive presence with the ability to collaborate and influence others across organization boundaries.
- Strong experience in managing relationships with business leaders and executives, leading complex portfolio of engagements or programs, enabling leaders to make data-driven decisions
- Experience in leading insights & analytics related engagements and partnering with teams that manage complex data engineering ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences, and contribute modeling expertise as a team player
- Strong skills and experience in Excel (Power Pivots, Macros, etc.) , SQL with the ability to self-serve for ad hoc analytics
- Understanding of data warehouse fundamentals & platforms
- Familiarity with SQL Server, Analysis Services Tabular models, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Bricks, Power BI/ Power Apps, data visualization tools.
- Exposure to R, Python, SAS, AzureML, etc. will be a plus
- Fundamental understanding of Statistics - Basic probability distributions, estimation techniques, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing
- Able to deal with ambiguity: can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a relevant field OR equivalent professional experience
Ability to travel domestically and internationally and work with different cultures and stakeholders across geographies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.