|Location:||Boston, Massachusetts, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a successful customer-facing leader who embodies customer obsession? If so, this is your opportunity to assume a new role in the organization trusted to land the company's ambition to deliver a first-in-class customer experience.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects Microsoft’s ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customers’ expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
The Director, Customer Engagement is a senior individual contributor role in the Customer Experience & Success organization, focused on a broad view of customer experience and transforming our key journeys, for the assigned customer, to be best in class. This role requires an individual with strong customer facing experience to serve as the CVP, CE&S, designee across an array of customer accounts and will be an expert in the assigned customer’s experience…partnering across the Microsoft eco-system to co-create amazing experiences and address complex issues across the entire customer lifecycle.
To keep the customer at the center, the CVP, CE&S, believes in sponsoring a large portfolio of customer engagements. Maintaining strong sponsorships that support customers in achieving their digital transformation also contributes, in a qualitative way, to the customer experience flywheel by ensuring a direct line to key customers, their senior executives and associated insights. The customer relationships that you will foster will enhance the key customer touchpoints the CVP and CE&S Leadership Team maintain and will serve as a starting point for testing customer experience innovation.
As Director, Customer Engagement, you will:
- Increase customer satisfaction through a tailored relationship.
- Break down internal blockers, influence and land health and experience improvements for the customer, including removing roadblocks and red tape as the primary point of contact for major escalations. This includes program management leadership for the resolution of these complex customer issues that cut across Microsoft organizations.
- Help drive faster and better returns from the customer’s investment with Microsoft.
- Drive proactive discussions around strategy decisions, acquisitions, and partnerships that could impact the customer relationship.
- Serve as a customer experience champion and senior leader in the Customer Experience & Success organization and a direct access and feedback channel to Microsoft executives relative to the customer account. This involves partnering closely with a wide array of stakeholders, including the Sales, Customer Service & Support and Customer Success.
- Influence the evolution of how Microsoft provides end-to-end customer experience by providing additional customer perspective to the internal stakeholders based on your customers’ experiences/feedback/input.
- Be a spokesperson for Microsoft strategy with the customer – share our digital transformation vision with executives including product investments/roadmap, strategic acquisitions, and partnerships. Help position against competitors in the account.
- Open doors – use customer relationship to help facilitate introductions to the account team. Act as a connector for the Microsoft account team both inside Microsoft, as well as inside the customer organization.
- Own content, coordination, delivery and CVP support for Executive Briefing Center engagements, industry customer facing events and Microsoft Customer Advisory Boards.
- 12+ years of customer-facing experience including consulting, pre/post-technical sales, business leadership and innovation.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree in Business, Engineering, Technology, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Engagement expertise, storytelling skills and passion for delighting customers, advocating on their behalf, creating great customer experiences, and understanding the linkage between these experiences and business success.
- Global leadership at scale, influence without authority: Experience leading/navigating large, cross-functional teams is a critical skill for success.
- Disruptive Innovation: Incremental change is the enemy of disruptive innovation. Comfortable challenging the status quo by proposing innovative approaches and believe the best way to dispute an approach is to suggest a different one. Realizes that the best solutions are built with others, not in competition with them.
- Leading change that drives adoption: Experience with large-scale transformations and know that driving change is about bringing people and customers along on the journey, not telling them where to go.
- Critical thinking and strategic insight based on data: Knows that ego is no match for data, so data is the North Star. Will challenge assumptions and current practices with a data-driven approach.
- Business Acumen: The ability to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships. This includes skill in understanding the industry, competition, and expected future developments and challenges, the business's competitive strengths and weaknesses, opportunities to grow the business and awareness of the environment for opportunities.
- Customer Usage Scenarios: The ability to outline scenarios that describe the typical ways that a product will be used by customers in the field, including knowledge of product functionality and how customers interact with products.
- Executive Relations: The ability to interact confidently with senior leaders of the organization to present/defend/clarify concerns or issues regarding an existing project, program, or solution. This includes the ability to confidently address difficult questions, handle push back from a high-level audience, and maintain an executive demeanor while engaging in difficult or sometimes high-pressure situations.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States, with a preference for Issaquah, WA, near Microsoft HQ. You can expect limited global travel, less than 25%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.