|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you customer-obsessed and have a passion for data driven storytelling and metric driven decision making? Can you translate complex technology and business topics, trends and opportunities into high-quality, compelling evidence targeting ITDM and Developer Audiences? Are you passionate about being a key player in leading the transformation to cloud services? If so, then Microsoft’s Cloud Marketing Customer Advocacy team is the place for you!
The Customer Advocacy team is looking for a smart, energetic self-starter who enjoys working on complex and challenging projects to join one of Microsoft’s fastest growing businesses. In this role, you will lead the identification, recruitment and development of customer stories which showcase how marquee brands are using products from across Cloud Marketing, and Microsoft, to transform their business. You will use your project management, story-telling and relationship building skills to shape a pipeline of customers and partners to create storytelling packages - including digital and video formats in order to drive awareness and shape perceptions in the marketplace on a global scale. Your role will directly support Cloud Marketing’s core campaigns and ongoing product efforts. You will work closely with our campaign leads, product marketing, partner marketing, industry marketing, field marketing, and others across the company, to execute breadth evidence programs and identify and tell breakthrough stories that will inspire companies across the globe to adopt our services portfolio. You will also work closely with the social, PR and AR teams to land our customer and partner evidence, into impactful news stories and analyst report opportunities. You will join a team of seasoned marketers who are passionate about using the latest mediums and channels to showcase our portfolio of products (existing and new) as we bring them to market and accelerate business growth.
To succeed in this exciting, demanding, and highly visible role, candidates should possess the following:
- Strong project management skills and experience working successfully with cross-functional teams, as well as outside vendors.
- Natural ability to tell stories and engage readers with relevant and sticky content, long-form content, and other diverse storytelling types.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong foundation in customer-centric marketing.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills with focused attention to detail
- Ability to lead, organize and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously.
- Passion for customers and drive to understand buyer needs, translating that into relevant and useful content marketing material.
- Understanding of Azure platform/ITDM audience.
- Passion for content innovation/metrics based reporting.
- Develop and drive strategy and execution of specific focus areas in alignment with C+E campaign efforts, manage the pipeline of leads, lead story development from start to completion and be part of the team helping to identify the top customer storytelling opportunities to increase awareness and shape positive perceptions.
- Work closely with the C+E campaign team, product management, partner marketing, EPG audience and industry marketing teams and across the C+E content marketing and customer evidence team to develop and align the core evidence production schedule, identify and showcase stories for tier 1 events and moments, ensure budget accuracy.
- Interact directly with customers to discover the approach to individual stories.
- Work closely with the PR/AR teams to infuse customer and partner evidence into globally impactful news stories and analyst report opportunities.
- Ensure that you are using the latest medium and channels to tell stories in an effort to bring out the emotion and energy of the effort while capturing the business transformation, solution level, and product innovation aspects of the work our customers and partners are doing.
- Maintain and evolve core program aspects the team uses to drive its day-to-day work such as our lead management system and other core programs.
- Project manage content creation vendors from start to finish.
- 5+ years of work experience in media, public relations or marketing, preferably in B2B marketing.
- Strong copy writing and editing skills.
- Experience with all stages of web content creation: research, reporting, interviewing, editing, creative design, production, and publishing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in making content adjustments based upon measurable data resulting in genuine purpose and relevancy.
- Self-starter, comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and able to influence at multiple levels.
- Experience collaborating with external agencies and vendors.
- Enthusiasm, creativity and resourcefulness.
- A background working in or writing about B2B cloud technology products is preferred, along with a genuine interest in industry trends.
- This position is based in Redmond, WA and may require occasional travel.
- Have a bachelor’s degree, MBAs are preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.