|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is a leader in design of world-class devices. Come join the dynamic Microsoft Silicon team. The team that is responsible for Azure Silicon focused on networking and XBOX and is changing the world through innovation. We are a growing team of experienced silicon developers, working in a startup environment.
We are looking for a world-class Network Silicon Architect to join our team either in Silicon Valley or Redmond, Washington. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who will thrive in this highly technical environment.
Your job responsibility as a Network Silicon Architect providing technical leadership through all phases of silicon ASIC development (focused on Networking), but primarily focused on defining early requirements & architecture phase.
- Work with system and software architects to define technical requirements & relevant specifications for network acceleration chip development.
- Work with the design team & program management to develop costing estimates, power/area targets, resource plans and schedules for the technical implementation.
- Drive evaluation and provide recommendations for technology, IP, and vendor selection.
- Support design and verification in pre and post silicon to ensure features meet the architectural requirements
- Support the Systems Engineering team in implementing the system design & proving product performance. Work with the team to get all documentation (specs, datasheets, programmers model etc.) required.
- BS/MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience of architecture & networking experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed architecture, performance, power and cost estimates from higher level feature, function and performance requirements.
- Must know Networking Protocol stack based on Ethernet and Internet Protocol (IPv4, IPv6, etc) standards.
- Should have experience with high-performance networking silicon (Switches or Smart NIC) design.
- Familiarity with Software Defined Networking (SDN) and different network offload architecture is plus.
- Familiarity with Large scale Network Simulation, Network Silicon Firmware Design and Network Control Plane Protocols is plus.
- Ability to partition solutions across hardware and software, analog and digital or other multi-disciplinary boundaries in a system solution
- Proven track record of successful design of IPs and SoCs.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to read and write detailed architectural specs.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.