|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you like Holograms and all things 3D? Cool-- we do too! The HoloLens Sensors team in Mountain view, CA is looking for a talented Computer Vision specialist to help us to quickly iterate and fail fast to build and test the next generation of Computer Vision applications for cutting-edge sensors for products such as HoloLens and Azure Kinect.
Our team embraces (and is located) the entrepreneurial spirit of the bay area and growth mindset of Microsoft.
The Cloud and AI Business - Hardware Division develops ground-breaking hardware that entertains customers and unleashes innovation. This is the team that has delivered the Hololens.
Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that’s colleagues brainstorming around a giant digital whiteboard, scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars, or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, Kinect for Azure, the Internet of Things, Tablets, Desktops and more! We believe Mixed Reality technology empowers every person and organization to achieve more. If you do too, we need you!
Develop world class code, tools, documentation, and reports suitable for direct product integration related to all things computer vision & image processing including:
- Camera calibration
- Object Recognition, Identification, and Tracking
- Feature Detection, Identification, and Analysis
- RGBD Image Processing
- SLAM, or Visual Odometry
- Collaborate with other experts on the Sensors team to prototype new technologies, algorithms, formfactors, and incubate our product roadmap
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with feature teams and support well informed decisions towards engineering, customer, and business goals
- BS in Computer Science or similar (mathematics, EE, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Computer Vision(CV)-related
- Experience with all
o Camera calibration
o Object Recognition, Identification, and Tracking
o Feature Detection, Identification, and Analysis
o RGBD Image Processing
o SLAM, or Visual Odometry
- Deep native development skills using Python and C/C++ in a team development setting across full product life cycle from specification through sustaining phase
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with OpenCV
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging ability
- Self-motivated to learn and execute with attention to detail in documentation and execution
- Ability to handle technical and design ambiguity
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or similar
- Experience working with distributed software project management tools such as those in Azure DevOps:
- Planning & Execution Management (Kanban Boards, Scrum Sprints)
- Version Control (Git)
- Documentation (Wiki, Sphinx)
- Automated Test/Continuous Integration (Pipelines, Jenkins, *CI, or similar)
- Experience working in a lab setting with hands-on equipment
- Experience with any/all of the following are a plus:
- Machine Learning
- GPU or similar parallel programming architecture optimizations
- UI frameworks
- DevOps / Infrastructure
- Software test methodologies or QA
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.