|Job Type:||Full Time|
The PowerPoint team's mission is to empower people and organizations to tell the world’s most compelling stories to anyone, anywhere. Professionals in every industry entrust to us their sales pitches, marketing plans, engineering discussions, and advocacy of causes big and small. We make photo albums, wedding stories, and memorials. From the serious to the whimsical, from personal to professional-- the stories spanning the gamut of life are told in PowerPoint.
Our team is responsible for delivering modern storytelling experiences to PowerPoint customers on any device, anywhere on the planet. With PowerPoint Designer and Presenter Coach, we have unleashed the power of artificial intelligence to delight presenters and audiences alike. We are revolutionizing PowerPoint for the web, bringing the functionality and performance that customers have come to expect from our desktop applications to the ubiquity of the web browser.
This role will lead a team of approximately seven program managers, partnering with almost 90 engineers and designers, and have accountability for our PowerPoint for the web end-point, as well as key investments around integrating PowerPoint into Teams, collaboration and extensibility. Fostering a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging and collaboration within the PowerPoint PM team and with our engineering and design peers, is also an integral part of this role.
Passion for engaging with all our customers – from IT departments to creative directors, professional speakers, students, teachers, information workers, social media influencers, independent software vendors –– and a proven ability to work collaboratively to identify, design, and deliver the next set of features to address their needs will enable you to be successful in this role. We would love to meet candidates who are excited to wallow in data to find customer and market insights that help inform our designs and next set of investments.
- 8+ years of product management experience
- Experience in coaching and mentoring
- Proven ability to create a healthy team culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and collaboration
- Proven ability to design, deliver, and iterate on complex projects with a diverse set of stakeholders from ideation to production
- Experience in system and service architectural design, or the technical aptitude to ramp up in this area
- Experience with customer-centric and data-driven designs and customer validation, including experience gathering requirements from customers and the ability to derive insights from a variety of data sets
- Demonstrated effective, influential communication skills, with the ability to flow between technical and experiential conversations with diverse stakeholders across multiple teams
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.