|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft consulting services Business Model, Strategy and Pricing (BMS&P) team is looking for a talented Business Strategy Manager. The BMS&P team sets the course for MCS by defining monetization & delivery models that power profitable revenue growth. This unique and rare leadership opportunity includes responsibility for business strategy and planning. You will have a critical and measurable and global impact in helping Microsoft win the market by redefining how Consulting is designed, delivered and implemented across our customer solutions.
We seek a Business Strategy Manager who can structure complex problems, understand broad market trends, collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to identify strategic insights and develop them into business strategies while delivering thought leadership around our business priorities. This is a high impact / visible role that will drive future strategy development and design across our business models, sales, delivery, and Go-to-Markets (GTMs). You will work closely with various teams across marketing, sales, domains, field, Business Groups, engineering, and finance to understand competitive market dynamics, identify key emerging trends, and propose innovative and disruptive ideas around MCS business models and delivery.
We need a bold and strategic leader, an outside-the-box thinker with a start-up attitude, and a thought leader to take this group and business to the next level. Already in place is a diverse and experienced team executing successfully against objectives, so integrating and taking the team to the next level is necessary for success.
About the team:
Enterprise Services – enabling every company to be a digital business. We are a diverse group of technical architects, engineers, consultants and service leaders, more than 10,000 strong, serving customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. We drive nearly $6B in revenue and $1B in contribution margin annually.
- Analyzing key competitive trends identifying new revenue growth opportunities and disruptive delivery models (automation, nearshore, offshore, remote, strategic partnerships…)
- Orchestrating impact analysis, business cases and recommendations across sales, marketing, delivery, legal, & finance
- Driving proposed programs to execution and demonstrating concrete impact through pilots.
- Driving our overall business strategy and alignment partnering closely with the
- Engineering Groups (Windows, Cloud & Enterprise, Microsoft Office Division) business planning teams & Corp. Strategy
- Developing strong relationships, embracing cross-boundary collaboration to influence peers and senior executives across the company
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
- Razor sharp intellect, coupled with problem solving, judgment, decision making and strategic capabilities
- Experiences in consulting delivery, capacity planning and business management
- High degree of numeracy, highly developed quantitative and analytical skills.
- Understanding of consulting business metrics, financial analytics
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft technology, cloud computing, and consumption models
- Attention to detail, self-discipline and self-motivation & experience in global project management
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in consulting delivery, strategy.
- An advanced understanding of technology business models.
- Strong structured problem solving, analytics and modeling skills.
- Willing to take on a big & global challenge with significant growth potential.
- Most importantly, you must be balanced in both strategy development and program execution.
- BS/BA (required); MS / MBA strongly preferred
Location: The role is global and could be located anywhere.
Travel: Will require around 20% global travel.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.