|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced Engineering Lead looking for a challenge and ready to tackle strategic cross-divisional investments across the Web Experiences organization, Office and Windows to create homepage and new tab page experiences for over 500M users and drive daily habit with users? If so, this Principal Software Engineering Lead may be a perfect fit.
On the Start Experiences team, our goal is to help users build a daily habit as they start their online journey with contextual, personally relevant, engaging and highly performant homepage and new tab experiences. In this fiscal year, our Start Experiences will focus on driving growth and engagement on Windows and Edge with homepage and new tab pages on desktop, mobile and Xbox, additional browser plug ins, super app homepage and our direct nav homepage experiences: Bing.com, MSN.com and Microsoftnews.com.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Defining and communicating a vision for an extensive engineering effort directly managing engineers and directly coordinating with many cross teams
- Working with partner teams such as Edge, Content Services, Office and others to deliver coordinated value and services
- Establishing rigorous engineering processes to ensure service quality, predictable delivery of new capabilities, and continuously improving metrics
- Creating scalable solutions that can be applied as a framework for solving multiple scenarios across different partners and customer topologies
- Developing a long-term technical roadmap to ensure development on the service is coordinated, maintainable, and flexible
- Developing talent and growing your team into a high performing healthy development organization
- Establishing a positive, mutually supporting, inclusive team culture consistent with Microsoft cultural attributes, values, leadership principles and manager expectations
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 5+ yearsof experience working on cloudservices
- 5+ years of leadership experience with teams that ship and deploy products to customers in real worldenvironments
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a solid understanding of the entire software development lifecycle
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment workflows and tools
- Experience working on large-scale projects across divisions and landing complex but scalable architecture to meet agile businessneeds
Below is a list of additional skills and experiences that are relevent to this position, but not required:
- Experience with any of the following engineering areas: scalability, compliance, performance, security, privacy, reliability, accessibility, localization/globalization
- Deep technical understanding - proven ability to develop successful long-term code/servicearchitectures
- Experience being the most senior technical leader on a project, making decisions without higher levelvalidation
- Excellent understanding of testing methodologies and practices
- Experience in Azure DevOps and working across teams with different workingprocesses
- Strong customer obsession to solve real user problems in enterprise search with ability to pick best technical solution on behalf of Microsoft balancing local teamconsiderations
- A systematic problem solver who quickly ramps up, understand complex problems, and create solutions that cross manyservices
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.