|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft is one of the most popular video games of all time, with more than 200 million copies sold worldwide on PC, Console and Mobile. Minecraft inspires people around the world to create together and has resulted in one of the most active and passionate player communities in history. We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager to join the Minecraft Data and Analytics team and help us shape the future of the Minecraft franchise.
As the Technical Program Manager for personalization and experiments on Minecraft’s DnA team, you will be responsible for managing the data and analytics efforts related to personalization of player experiences in Minecraft. This includes working with multiple data engineering, data science, and game development teams to drive an integrated partnership. You will also be responsible for connecting the right people and technical resources to create a personalization pipeline to the Minecraft data and analytics environment. You will build scorecards, interpret performance results, and continuously optimize personalization treatments in the game. A successful candidate has experience navigating technical requirements in machine learning, A/B testing, and software development from multiple teams and connecting the dots to drive clarity around what players want.
- Represent Data and Analytics team in partnerships internally at Mojang Studios and externally with teams across Microsoft.
- Drive consensus around ownership, scope, and status of different work streams between teams to successfully deploy recommendations at scale.
- Proactively delve into technical issues to resolve blockers.
- Facilitate and evaluate new algorithms from data scientists on various teams to generate better recommendations for players.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ideate experiments to improve player experience, and independently analyze and create visualizations to explain results.
- Brainstorm with stakeholders to direct ambiguous questions or misleading metrics into impactful analysis plans.
- 3-5 years of experience in data science, computer science, or machine learning.
- 1-2 years additional experience in project, program, or product management.
- Excellent statistical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Proficient with SQL, bonus if familiar with Hive, databricks, or Azure Data Explorer.
- Proficient with visualization software like PowerBI, bonus if experienced with statistical programming language such as R or Python.
- Understanding of machine learning models and how to evaluate them, bonus if experience deploying models at scale.
- Interest in games, bonus if experience in gaming industry.
Experienced at creating machine learning models, bonus if experience deploying models at scale.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.