|Job Type:||Full Time|
Have you wondered what it is like to work on a distributed system responsible for the delivery and targeting of one of the largest, most complex software projects on the planet? We are a central system to Windows As a Service as well as keeping Azure windows fleet secure and productive.
We are responsible for the systems those push updates and releases of Windows family of devices out to a billion+ users, both consumers and Enterprise. We are the Update Publishing Services team in Core OS and Intelligent Edge Servicing and Delivery (CSD) organization. We’re on a mission to modernize these business-critical services with next generation of protocols, features and at a large scale. Our team is a multi-discipline team whose core responsibilities include building tools, defining workflows and designing features to manage our large-scale distributed release systems. This is a complex juggling act of innovating for new business investments while keeping the daily rhythm of the business of servicing over a billion users running. As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for all aspects of service execution and life cycle (design, development, quality assurance, production deployment, service availability, reliability, and live site monitoring).
Windows as a Service is a new generation of how Windows is delivered to customers, partners, enterprises, and anyone having a Windows device and OS. At the heart of this vision is the ability to deliver seamless updates to devices. This is where we come in!
We are building 24/7 systems and services to deliver Updates to every Windows device in the world. We are building a large-scale service to deliver regular and reliable updates at scale for all Windows devices that keep customers forever connected to the latest and greatest operating system that Microsoft has to offer. We are the back end engine that will power the updates at a scale never seen before. The customer’s experience with Windows as a Service is our primary focus and passion. If you are an engineer who gets excited by tough problems, wants to build a next generation technology, likes a startup mentality and just wants to get things done for our customers, come talk to us.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve automation, availability and extensibility of highly complex distributed release services.
- Contribute in code reviews, debugging/troubleshooting the complete stack of services, drive analysis of issues and outages, write software and automation to resolve production problems with durable system fixes.
- Work with other teams and disciplines to design the next generation protocols and features for updates.
- Conduct periodic on-call duties and live site support.
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating software defined network services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or other technical/engineering degree
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Development experience in C# working on all phases of a development cycle
Preferred Qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with large scale services architectures and technologies is a plus.
- Experience building web service and restful designs are a plus.
- Experience in Azure is a plus.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Insight and intuitive thinking to recognize, address proactively and solve hard problems that span technology, development models, testing, and other areas.
- Strong communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability and passion to pick up new technologies and stay on the cutting edge of development
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com