|Job Type:||Full Time|
Advertising is what makes the entire economic system viable today. Without advertising, manufacturers and service providers would have no way to reach their potential consumers and the world as we know it would not exist. Within advertising, digital media now surpasses all other forms of advertising, and within digital advertising, Search advertising is one of the largest, most effective, and most measurable channels. There are very few search advertising platforms that
operate at this scale, so if you are up for the challenge come join us at Microsoft Ads.
We are at the heart of multi-billion-dollar Microsoft Ads business and are responsible for core algorithms and tools that drive the Marketplace. Ever wondered how a search query is matched to the most relevant ad from the pool of billions of ads in a few milliseconds? How does the Pay-per-click auction run? How do we detect anomalous behavior near real time in a system that is serving billions of ads every day? That’s us. This team is truly at the cutting edge of the AI/ML advances and deals with data at the scale that few companies on this planet do. We define, build, and drive several marquee automation products for advertisers (Responsive Search Ads, Dynamic Search Ads to name a couple of popular ones) as well as highly sophisticated internal tools. We have big ambitions for Microsoft Ads, and this is an exciting time to join the ride.
As a Program Manager in this team, you would be in the driving seat of some of the highly advanced and visible products in the ad industry. Your responsibilities include:
- Diving deep into data to help inform product changes and new opportunities while closely partnering with ML and Data scientists and Marketplace operations.
- Understanding Marketplace and Advertiser needs by doing opportunity analysis in the problem domain.
- Defining goals and metrics for a success solution by thinking deeply through the scenarios.
- Collaborating and executing across diverse teams.
- Working with marketing and sales for GTM efforts
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related focus areas
- 3 years of experience as Product Manager, Data Scientist, Software Engineer or combination of these disciplines
- 1 year or more experience in big data, distributed systems or certification/training in related fields
- Prior experience of building OLAP products
- Of the total 3+ years of work experience, 1 year of experience as a software developer
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.