|Job Type:||Full Time|
What joining the Microsoft Team Means:
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of innovation at Microsoft?
By applying to this role, you will be considered for multiple opportunities within Microsoft.
The Impact You'll be Making:
The Technical Specialist is an accomplished pre-sales leader skilled at communicating and demonstrating the value of the proposed solution to our customers, with the goal of winning the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our technology. In this role you will be the solution lead within the enterprise sales organization working with Microsoft’s most important customers.As a TS, you work within a virtual team of technical, partner, and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed sales targets in your assigned accounts.You will work closely with customers to learn about their challenges and desired outcomes and through those conversations also discover their unarticulated needs. You will be accountable for leading and collaborating with members of the deal team to craft and deliver the Microsoft solution vision that will drive value for our customers.
As our Technical Specialists are considered as subject matter experts in their aligned Microsoft product solutions, below are the respective domains that constitute different types of Technical Specialist roles, and their unique responsibilities:
Modern Work - Security & Compliance/ Intelligence/ Teams:
You will be the lead technical subject matter expert within your account teams.
- You will deliver proof of Microsoft’s technology solutions to customers and secure their agreement our solutions meet the success criteria for their architecture.
You will help customers make technical decisions to build tomorrow’s business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- You will lead to clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate your products' sales and customer usage.
- You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs
You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by:
- Orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services.
- Helping identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge, and learn practices from others.
- We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills, and competitive readiness.
Dynamics 365 - Finance & Operations (ERP)/ Customer Engagement (CRM):
- Develop the solution strategy that will support the customer’s digital transformation.
- Lead solution presentations, demonstrations, workshops, proof of concepts to prove to our customers the capabilities of Microsoft's solutions and services, and how we can empower them to achieve their business outcomes. Exemplify presentation excellence for both virtual and onsite deliveries.
- Specialize in one, or possibly more than one, of the following solution areas: Marketing, Sales, Customer Service and/or Field Service for CRM;
- Financial Management, Human Resources, Commerce, and Supply Chain Management for ERP.
- Feedback sales, technical, competitive, security blockers to accelerate Dynamics 365 sales and customer usage. Shape current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback. Remove solution sales blockers.
- Win the solution decision at customers for Dynamics 365 opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message to different audiences and stakeholders, bringing ideas, challenging our customers, engaging with them to highlight our differentiation, and guide them in decision making.
- Orchestrate and lead the solution team which includes internal teams and our partners to build and showcase a differentiated solution that focuses on the value the solution.
- Continually learn and maintain your technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness. Remain current on the latest technology and trends for your area of expertise.
- Actively participate in the pre-sales community; share best practices, support peers and leverage the efforts of others to broaden your impact and empower others.
- Lead and/or coordinate cloud security, privacy, and compliance discussions that address our customers’ compliance and regulatory needs.
Who We're Looking For:
Experience.3+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting rolesrequired.
Performer.Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations.
Growth Mindset.Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing, and learning from successes and failures; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit.
Insatiable Learner. Desire to know more than the standard and stretch to know more than Microsoft products
Collaborative.Able to work cohesively with customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners.
Excellent Communicator.Outstanding written & verbal communication, collaboration, organizational, presentation, and deep technical product demo skills.
Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger Mindset.Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused.
Executive Presence.Validated experience engaging with senior level executives.
Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions.
Insatiable Learner. Desire to know more than the standard and stretch to know more than Microsoft products.
Practitioner mindset. Committed to knowing not just what solutions can do but practices the skills required to properly implement solutions
Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset.Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused
Modern Work - Security & Compliance:
Security & Compliancearchitect. Experience and ability to design key solutions and architectures for confidentiality, integrity and availability across multiple cybersecurity and compliance topics including endpoint detection and response, anti-malware, persistent threats, email security, user behavior and analytics, threat intelligence, cloud-based identity and access management solutions, threat hunting and forensics, information protection, application management, security management and/or auditing and governance
Identity architect. Experienced professional able to design cloud-based identity and access management solutions as well as hybrid architectures and integration of cloud-based apps (SaaS)
Technical breadth.Customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management; broad experience with Microsoft 365 Security, Azure Security and Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Windows 10
Technical depth.Practical enterprise customer experience with configuration and implementation of Microsoft or other security & compliance solutionsas well as competitive product knowledge (ex. Okta, Symantec, Boldon James, Proofpoint, Crowdstrike, Arcsight, Splunk)
Certification in the following preferred:CEH, LPT, OSCP, or GPEN and CISSP, CCSP, GSEC, CCIA, GSED, ECSA or GISP
Modern Work - Intelligence:
Business analytics and/or business process automation architect. The expertise and ability to integrate complex elements and customer requirements into innovative technical architectures, while integrating with the customer’s architecture, in the business intelligence space and data-driven decision-making; demonstrated knowledge of enterprise-level business analytics, including data modeling, report and dashboard creation, data security, governance and compliance.
Technical depth.Domain authority, having enterprise customer level technical experience with design, configuration and implementation of solutions based on Power BI.
Technical breadth.Industry-leading experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards; broad experience with Microsoft365; and competitive business intelligence product knowledge (Tableau, Qlik, etc.).
Planning for success. Understand Office 365 deployment and adoption planning, including Microsoft FastTrack, and the high-level project management and change management tasks associated with driving usage of business intelligence solutions
Certification in the following technologies preferred:Power BI, Excel, Office 365, information security
Modern Work - Teams:
Voice & Network Architect.Deep experience with, and ability to explain key benefits, trade-offs, and architectures relating to network routing (TCP/IP networking, switches, routers, firewalls and protocols), telecommunication platforms (TDM PBX & IP-PBX, A/V MCU, VTCs, SBCs, gateways); voice applications & integration (Auto Attendants, Call Queues, IVRs, ACD, Voice Call Control, Audio/Video/Web Conferencing and Devices, CDR, E-911, Voice/Fax, Voicemail, Enterprise Interaction Management, Work Force Management, Sales Automation, Contact Centers and Programmable APIs) and networks (PSTN, Wireless, IP)
Technicalbreadth.Customer experience and demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft 365 data lifecycle management solutions for Firstline, Core Collaboration & Communications content; Teams platform extensibility for low code/no code as well as custom API’s; competitive unified communications solutions and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions with infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management
Technical depth.Technical experience with design, configuration and implementation of infrastructure in Microsoft Teams Meetings, Phone System, Direct Routing, Devices supporting Meeting Rooms Solutions (Microsoft Surface Hub & OEM Devices) and Calling, interoperability with 3rd party Meetings & Phone System solutions and management cloud as well as competitive product knowledge (Zoom, Cisco, Google)
Certification in the following technologies preferred:
- Telecommunications or Networking Industry Certification (ie CTNP, CVA) or Vendor Certification (ie CCNA, CCNP, etc)
- Core O365 platform, Skype for Business/Lync server, Teams/Skype for Business/Lync clients,Microsoft 365 Certified: Microsoft Enterprise Administrator Expert, Microsoft MS700 Teams Administrator
Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations - ERP:
Infrastructure technologist.Deep experience with, and ability to explain key benefits, trade-offs, and architectures in the
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) space
Technical breadth.Customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management preferred
Technical depth.Technical experience with the functional and technical aspects of enterprise applications
Functional knowledge. Deep knowledge in one or more of the following disciplines: manufacturing, trade & logistics, talent/human capital management (HCM), core financials, retail
Manufacturing: experience with lean, process, JIT and other categories of production including demand planning
Trade & Logistics: experience regarding warehouse management, fleet management, distribution channels
Core Financials: General ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable
Talent & HCM: payroll, employee lifecycle, human resources processes and procedures
Retail: omnichannel marketing and distribution, POS, merchandising
Competitive knowledge. Understanding and knowledge of Oracle, SAP, Workday, NetSuite, Infor, Sage, etc.
Industry Knowledge.Familiarity with business intelligence and analytics related to enterprise operational processes;Working technical knowledge of Dynamics 365 workloads; technical knowledge of key industry partners and systems integrators supporting operational business enterprise applications
Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement - CRM:
Infrastructure technologist.Deep experience with, and ability to explain key benefits, trade-offs, and architectures in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) space
Technical breadth.Customer experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and
technology management preferred.
Functional Knowledge. In one or more of the following disciplines: sales, marketing, customer service, field services, connected services, project services automation, project management, fleet operations and management.
Competitive Knowledge.Understanding and knowledge of Salesforce, ClickSoftware, Astea’s Alliance, SAP, Oracle TOA, Coresystems, etc.
Industry Knowledge.Familiarity with business intelligence and analytics related to field service and project processes;Working technical knowledge of Dynamics 365 workloads; technical knowledge of key industry partners and systems integrators supporting operational business enterprise applications
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
Certification in domain-specific technologies preferred.
Travel is an integral part of this position. You will be required to travel as is determined by the needs of our customers. This position may require travel to customer sites up to 50% of the time. Overnight travel may also be required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
***We are hiring across multiple roles across the U.S.