|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join the Microsoft Conversational AI team and contribute to Bot Framework, Bot Framework v Composer, Bot Framework Virtual Assistant, and Azure Bot Service. Our team builds the world’s most powerful platform for creating conversational experiences! In addition, all the work we do together is open-sourced, using GitHub to manage all aspects of our project work, alongside active community involvement.
The Microsoft Conversational AI team is looking for a talented engineer with demonstrated production software experience, who has passion for working on purpose-built conversational platform components. These components are the foundation for our prebuilt Skills effort and will be used to accelerate customers virtual assistant investments.
All of our work is done in open source projects. These projects are public on GitHub and follow open source best practices around community engagement and project transparency. You will do all of our work in the open with active community involvement. As part of this work, you will grow to become an expert in NLP model development. You’ll use our state-of-the-art tooling and have heavy sway over all aspects of reusable platform component design and implementation. You’ll work closely with our product design and product management team members, as well as engage with early adopter customers to synthesize and prioritize the most compelling features.
As a member of our team you will contribute key aspects of Microsoft’s AI platform strategy. You’ll be working with researchers pioneering the latest advances in AI and Machine Learning while at the same time working with our ecosystem of developers to build practical applications that solve real-world problems.
Success will require being comfortable working on a wide variety of GitHub hosted open source projects, designing, implementing and enhancing conversational experiences using our conversational design tooling. Our work embraces Web, Windows, macOS, and Linux environments equally. Developer empathy and a passion around helping the development community be successful is required.
- Create best-in-class language authoring experiences for developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts to support Conversational AI bot development
- Contribute technical expertise throughout all stages of product design and development, conceptual design, visual design, technical design from prototype to production
- Instrument all feature work to drive data driven decision making
- Consistent delivery of product features and supporting documentation
- Work cross-team to drive innovation that spans different services and SDKs
- 5 + years of industry experience developing and implementing front-end User Experiences at scale.
- 2+ years of industry experience working with various AI services, with a specific expertise with natural language processing concepts, fundamentals, with an emphasis on language model authoring.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Previous experience taking complex systems and concepts, collaborating across disciplines to implement UI solutions that scale from simplistic user scenarios to advanced user scenarios.
- Demonstrated CS fundamentals with a deep appreciation for the differences between platforms and environments.
- Demonstrated technical design, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience with React, TypeScript, Node.js, and front-end state management solutions such as Redux, Recoil, or MobX.
- Unwavering passion to understand and simplify the developer experience.
- Fantastic communication skills.
- A track record of working collaboratively to understand customer needs and create solutions that positively impact our customers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.