Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Principal Compliance Specialist role within Consumer Bank Business Compliance will support Discover Student Loans, and will be responsible for compliance advisory activities including; program management and execution, oversight and monitoring, exam management, process reviews and risk mitigation activities. The Principal will collaborate with business partners, business risk partners and Law to ensure adherence to regulatory commitments and to develop enhanced monitoring and controls to mitigate compliance risk.
- Provide key guidance in the execution and development of activities supporting regulatory commitments and ongoing compliance enhancements
- Supports management in the development, implementation, and maintenance of compliance programs and a culture of compliance
- Assists with research and exam requests and drafting of regulatory responses
- Assists with research of regulatory compliance requirements and evaluating the adequacy of business policies, procedures, training and reference materials, systems and manual processes
- Supports the business in operationalizing legal and regulatory requirements
- Maintains and enhance department or functional units in support of the overall compliance program components
- Assists with the identification and assessment of compliance program risks and controls
- Demonstrate creativity and flexibility as a key contributor to process review activities
- Compiles and develops content for presentations to senior leadership
- Assists with the preparation of status reports of program initiatives, activities, and compliance issues to management and committees
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Analytics, Information Technology, Law, Security and Intelligence.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Student lending experience
- Master's Degree in Business, Security, Law, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or Risk
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, law, risk management, or related field
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- JD, CISA, CIPP, CRMP, PMP, RIMS, or similar license/certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.