|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you excited by working for a worldwide tech company delivering innovative solutions to end users and developers? Do you thrive on analyzing data to solve complex business questions and generate quality outcomes with urgency? Do you have experience working with external partners to build a content ecosystem or marketplace/store? Are you a technical program manager who also has a history of business and/or marketing experience? Are you detail and process oriented? If so, come join us!
We are a growing team tasked with making the Windows Store a trusted place for end-users to discover the experiences they need most on Windows, and providing developers ways to reach audiences to grow their business on Windows. Any Store lives and dies by having relevant content on the shelves – the Microsoft Store on Windows is no different. The content catalog is the centerpiece that brings the end-user and developer worlds together, and we need you to lead this catalog’s expansion!
- Identifying the key gaps in our digital content catalog: analyzing data sets, applying principles to develop target lists by category and geo, and developing systems for regular updates.
- Building a strategy to close the gap: prioritizing the app list based upon business requirements, gathering insights from internal and external partners on the business and technical blockers, and developing depth and scale programs with limited resources and clear accountabilities.
- Running a program to acquire the content: managing the rhythm key stakeholders and hitting key milestones, and communicating the plan and progress to executive audiences.
You will be a fast learning, self-starter who is able to work across multiple disciplines, capture requirements, and generate dependencies that result in an outstanding Store product for end-user and developer audiences. We welcome your innovative ideas and fresh perspectives to strengthen our growth mindset culture that is grounded in customer obsession, and diversity and inclusion.
- 5+ years of program management or product development experiencedelivering consumer-oriented or store/marketplace products
- MBA a plus but not required
- Excellent business and data analytics skills, to translate data into insights and business outcomes.
- Clear communication skills, with superb ability to communicate at all levels or the organizations.
- A history of working within the developer and ISV ecosystem, with an understanding of the underlying developer platform and ISVs’ needs.
- Experience with pipeline management and progressing from opportunity through to delivery.
- Skilled at prioritizing, creating order and driving concise, actionable executive-level insights.
- Confidence under pressure especially within tight timelines.
- Exceptional teamwork across time zones and geographies, and values that foster a positive team culture.
- Able to work within an agile software development team, leveraging experimentation and prototyping while continuing to measure and iterate.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.