|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have a unique capability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in Technical Specialists for Data OSS scenarios such as Modernizing Applications, building new Cloud Native Apps and Migrating existing on-premise platforms onto Azure MySQL, Azure PostgreSQL and Azure Maria DB to help the largest and most important companies in the world across all industries successfully adopt these services and realize value. Microsoft GBB Technical Specialists main goal is to win the technical decision within strategic customers and led these engagements to successful deployment.
As a GBB Technical Specialist, you will be a senior technical solution leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers. You will lead strategic Azure Data OSS technical customer engagements that will require you to deliver architectural design sessions, pilots and/or implementation support directly or through partners. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
You will work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, that lead to successful deployments that support achieving/exceeding Azure Data OSS Services consumption revenue. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across our Microsoft Data Platform and non-Microsoft technologies.
Because of the relative complexity of these opportunities, the GBB Technical Specialist forms strong v-teams across Microsoft and beyond. Candidates align their efforts with other GBB roles, our mainstream field sellers, Microsoft Services, SI and ISV partner sales executives, and Microsoft’s broader field leadership. GBB Technical Specialists possess extensive experience with executive customer relationships and connections both in the US and internationally. GBB Technical Specialists also possess deep knowledge of our competitor’s offerings, sales strategies, and relationships with our customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand customers’ overall Data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions)
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Data OSS technologies
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers
- Collaborate with other Technical Specialists in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist for Data OSS scenarios like Modernizing Applications, building new Cloud Native Apps and Migrating existing on-premise platforms on Azure MySQL, Azure PostgreSQL and Azure Maria DB.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- 60% of your time will be spent as a key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy, architect and adopt Microsoft Data OSS (Azure PostgreSQL/ Azure MySQL/ Azure MariaDB) solutions. Being a member of the sales team, you will give technical briefings, demonstrations, help execute proof of concepts and design solutions leveraging partners as needed. You will directly support the market share and revenue growth of Microsoft Data OSS solutions through your technical leadership in our customers.
- 20% of your time will be spent as a thought leader in the Data OSS space. You lead by participating in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry events and publishing blogs, whitepapers, reference architecture etc in your area of expertise
- 20% of your time will be spent influencing the Microsoft Data OSS go to market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers you encounter
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience. 8+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. required
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Collaboration and Communication. required
oAcknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
oAbility to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
oStrong Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, etc.)
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including
- bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused preferred.
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
- 8+ years experience selling & deployment of Data OSS solutions (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB) required
- Knowledge of Azure Data OSS solutions (Azure MySQL, Azure PostgreSQL, Azure MariaDB) required
- Experience and understanding of large-scale data deployments in enterprise-wide environments required
- Deep domain expertise of Data OSS solutions (i.e.MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB), breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required
- Knowledge of market trends and competitive insights preferred
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Certification in the following technologies preferred:, Azure, AWS, MySQL PostgreSQL
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.