|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
How would you like to leverage your expertise in program management to improve the operational success of corporate and field personnel who are empowering everyone on the planet to achieve more? If yes, this could be your next great career adventure!
Within Microsoft Consulting Services, the Shared Business Operations (SBO) WW Role Excellence (Rolex) team is looking for a Role Owner to drive the multi-year role strategy and processes for specific roles within the Business Operations & Program Management discipline across the Consulting Services Field and Corp teams in all geographies. We are part of the Business Excellence and Operations organization and focus on continuous improvement, simplification, landing corporate initiatives in all geographies, field productivity and, of course, attracting and developing great talent!
In this position, you will identify, analyze, prioritize, and resolve issues to simplify and improve the productivity of Operations roles by applying deep strategic insights. You will develop and execute multiyear improvement plans. You will lead the Field Business Excellence and Operations Community to land change and create global connections. This role designs, plans and leads an annual WW Operations Summit.
You will be responsible for consulting with field and HQ leaders across Microsoft Consulting Services and with other Segment role leads, focusing on defining and driving future state for the Business Excellence, Operations and Finance role ecosystem in alignment with Microsoft and Consulting Services strategy. You will seek to understand business requirements, constraints, and aspirations and, in return, identify the best means to achieve those aspirations through role clarity and accountability measurements.
The Role Owner will define and drive critical improvements and be a thought leader for Microsoft Consulting Services via:
- Identify and actively engage with Consulting Services field and HQ leadership stakeholders
- Identify appropriate forums made up of Global representatives in role
- Lead Subject Matter Expert panels in project-based assignments
- Ensure alignment of global role taxonomy with Services strategy by recommending role changes, as appropriate
- Generate globally consistent job descriptions and role definitions
- Define or refine career paths (Key Discipline Results, Competencies, Skill Profiles…)
- Develop globally consistent role core priorities and critical indicators of success, and provide associated requirements for tool / report improvements
- Define or refine readiness strategies and roadmaps working with Worldwide Learning (WWL) readiness and Human Resources
- Improve and maintain Role Academies, Role Performance Handbooks and other on-boarding content and experience
Process and Tools:
- Partner with the Operations and Tools team to review, document and deploy process, systems and tools enhancements in support of business requirements and the multi-year role roadmap
- Leverage Field Enablement and Landing as champions to ensure broad deployment and adoption of role definition
Relevant Characteristics and Experience for the Role Owner:
- University or bachelors’ degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years of program management experience in Operations, Support or Professional Services industry
- Success as an Operations professional or equivalent and has a passion for broad, programmatic impact on the global role communities.
- Experience developing executable people strategies
- A track record of successful outcomes measured in objectives and key results
- Experience working in a matrix environment, masterful in influencing, driving, and developing impact in the most precarious of situations, and will not take defeat or take no for an answer to achieve the corporation’s goals.
- Experience managing and leading complex, multi-disciplined virtual teams, globally
- Ability to build strong productive relationships and experience conducting global, cultural, complex, or long-term transformations in Sales, Consulting Services and Support
- Experience dealing with a large, global workforce of Operations, Sales, Consulting Services or Support professionals
Location/Travel: You may work remotely and be based within the U.S. Global travel, when possible, may be up to 20%%.
Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) helps customers transform the potential value of Microsoft cloud technologies into realized value for their businesses, employees, and customers. We focus on showing what’s possible with the latest Microsoft technologies. We do this by building diverse and inclusive teams and collaborating across Microsoft to empower our customers to achieve more.
For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/ConsultingServices.
If you find this opportunity to be compelling and can demonstrate your ability to excel as a Role Owner, we would like to explore the possibilities with you!
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.