|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Core team has an opening for an experienced Business Administrator to assist with the support of the Azure Core Executive Business Office. We are working to build an infrastructure in our Executive Office to help support our anticipated and continued growth in the next Fiscal Year and beyond. This is a new role, and one that the right candidate can make their own!
In this role you will have tangible impact on an organization of over 4700 team members (and growing), getting things done across large and diverse global teams and developing practices that streamline the business and drive results. You will partner closely with the Azure Compute leaders and our partners across the Azure organization. Being detail oriented and having consistent and timely follow through will be essential to success.
Key priorities include but are not limited to:
- Executive Calendar support and executive conference room calendar management.
- Manage domestic and international travel logistics and trip preparation.
- Expense and budget report processing as assigned.
- Partner with support staff across the organization to ensure consistent experiences.
- Coordinate catering, venue selection, and logistics for internal events, off sites, morale events, team all hands meetings, and celebration events.
- Manage and maintain Compute security groups and distribution lists.
- Procurement of office supplies and equipment for team and new hires.
- Partner on headcount management and new employee onboarding.
- Assist with space management and processing of facilities requests.
- Exude a level of professionalism that exemplifies Microsoft’s values through Respect, Integrity, and Accountability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential as is the ability to manage highly sensitive and/or personal matters with tact and the utmost confidentiality.
- 3+ years of demonstrated work experience supporting senior leaders in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft productivity software including Outlook, all Office suite programs, SharePoint, One Note, Teams, etc.
- Experience prioritizing multiple projects and following through on issues in a timely manner.
- Strong communication skills.
- Sharp eye for detail.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Excellent skills in all aspects of planning, collaboration, analytical capabilities, and high level of attention to detail and proactive awareness.
- Demonstrated skill of shifting approach in response to the demands of a changing situation.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, navigate uncertain situations, and drive for clarity.
- Consistently demonstrate a can-do customer service attitude.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.