|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be part of a high impact, growth-oriented team with ambitious goals and potential to improve the quality of life for a billion users?
We are the Content Services team under WebXT organization (Content Services, Search, Ads and Map). Our goal is to make consuming licensed and web content such as News, Sports, Weather, Finance and others, a daily habit for 1 billion users. As they begin their day, users will be delighted by the personalized, actionable content and insights that are presented to them natively within their Windows, Office, and Browser experiences. We will make viewing these insights as second nature to our users. Users desiring more information will be seamlessly transitioned into immersive, engaging experiences with rich, topical information, enabling us to grow both DAU and revenue. We will differentiate these experiences by placing bold bets on state of art Recommendation, Search, AI and Big Data technologies.
We are looking for exceptional Principal level Software Engineering Managers who are Product focused, technicallystrong and experienced people managers. As a part of this role you will lead a global team of data scientists, software and machine learning engineers to achieve business goals. We value leaders that can:
- Build a high-performance team.
- Establish accountability and pride in ownership.
- Identify opportunities that maximize impact on product, challenge the status quo, define and reach ambitious goals.
- Collaborate well acrossorgs/teams and disciplines.
- Providing long term vision and growth plan for the team
- Helping the team model an ambiguous problem in machine learning or platform spaces
- Effective in unblocking team in tactical issues as well as placing good strategic bets
- Role model for good engineering, clean design and principled thinking
- Hire and grow strong talent and leaders. Build a high-performance team.
- Contribute to the success of the bigger org and partners.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field.
- 10+ years software development experience in C++, C#, Java, or equivalent.
- 8+ years web UX, or machine learning or NLP experience.
- 5+ years experience with overall page optimization of commercial scale Search Engine or Recommendation Engine
- 5+ years experience with experimentation and shipping user experience features on commercial scale Search Engine or Recommendation Engine
- 5+ years experience with managing high performance teams
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.