|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in data visualization or analytics? Want to join an industry leading analytics product that millions of people use every day? Come join the PowerBI team to help us accelerate our growth and bring the power of data insights to the next million people!
Given the breadth of the product and team, you’d have opportunities to work on a number of areas spanning our client applications with PowerBI Desktop, to our global scale PowerBI service in Azure. Challenges include building intuitive easy-to-use features over data, but also scaling them up to massive usage and ensuring world class reliability.
As part of an agile team, you’ll work closely with other engineers, designers and product managers to own scenarios end-to-end across the stack (e.g. full-stack developers). We’re looking for engineers familiar with, or looking to be trained on agile development practices. Candidates would build experience working on complex technical or architectural efforts, but executing them in an incremental and value-driven way.
-Partner closely with software engineers as part of feature teams to code and deliver end-to-end features with Power BI
-Support, operate and maintain world-scale features with PowerBI service, with focus on quality, reliability and performance.
-Work with design and product managers to create excellent end user experiences, balancing goals with technical constraints.
-Build, debug and improve massive scale distributed services.
- -BS/MS degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent years of experience
- -6+ years of professional development experience designing, coding and debugging
- -6+ years of experience with object oriented languages such as Java or .Net languages
- Preferred Qualifications:
- -RESTful API design & implementation
- -Cloud services developed over Microsoft Azure or AWS
- -C#, .Net managed development (or other OO based language such as Java)
- -Relational DB technologies including SQL, Oracle or other RDBMS
- -HTML5 and Web Development including Angular & TypeScript
- -Operational BI products including SQL Analysis or Reporting Services. Crystal, Business Objects
- -Analytical BI products such as PowerBI, Tableau, R
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.