|Job Type:||Full Time|
Looking to be a key part of one of Microsoft’s fastest-growing businesses? We have a great position for you! Azure is at the center of enabling cloud computing for Microsoft services and our public cloud business. The Product Data Management Engineering Team is responsible for the design, implementation, and delivery of OEM based BareMetal Server Hardware offerings to support Azure technologies in Mission Critical Data Centers.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and influence the way one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cloud environments is built and supported.
As a critical part of the PDM Engineering team within Microsoft’s CSCP Organization, this role will work with internal and external partners to define Node, Rack, and Row level hardware designs. You will ensure that designs conform to Data Center Infrastructure standards and act as the technical expert on OEM based Server and Network hardware solutions. You will also ensure designs are produced so that System Integration facilities can build them accurately to our specifications and ship them all over the globe.
- Work with many enterprise class server and networking technologies to create designs used to deploy very large scale BareMetal or Cloud hardware offerings.
- Create configuration documentation, BOM, and other PLM resources used to procure, manufacture, and deploy Servers, Racks, and Rows of hardware at scale.
- Provide guidance to and work with System Integrators to build hardware designs in factory as needed.
- Interface with engineering development teams, gather requirements and provide feedback on SKU design feasibility and constraints.
- Communicate effectively across engineering groups and stakeholders to define priorities, schedules and resources needed.
- Partner with Engineering team members, business groups and data center infrastructure engineering groups, to define goals for new platforms at Microsoft.
- Provide cross functional subject matter expertise on SKU design to broader virtual teams.
- Work independently to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Effectively run cross-organizational meetings to lead teams to consensus and/or decisions to meet deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT operations, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- A+/ Server+/ or other OEM Hardware Certification (Dell, Cisco, HPE)
- At least 5 years of experience in computer hardware engineering, data center engineering, and/or systems development
- Program Management experience specifically in the Computer Hardware Development space.
- Experience creating complex technical documentation used to configure enterprise hardware devices.
- Experience working with Enterprise class server and networking hardware from multiple vendors in development, operations, or manufacturing (Dell, HPE, Cisco, Netapp, IBM, and others)
- Understanding of network administration or logical network topology planning.
- Understanding of Data center rack/row build out, air flow and other infrastructure constraints
- CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate
- CDCP Certified Data Center Professional
- Experience with a PLM/PDM system
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.