|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have the passion, determination and perseverance to build ground-breaking solutions and experiences which take advantage of the explosive growth of the Internet of Things? Analysts and journalists recognize Microsoft as an IoT thought leader, with solutions like Azure IoT Central (App Platform/SaaS), Azure Digital Twins (PaaS), Azure IoT Hub (PaaS), and Azure IoT Edge leading the way.
Azure Digital Twins is a PaaS service designed to drive a new generation of IoT solutions by integrating people, places and things. We are looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager to help drive one of the most exciting projects in the IoT space. In this role, you will partner closely with our customers and partners to help define the product and drive development and adoption in working with customers to understand their problems and evangelize solutions. Join us in helping drive our mission of being at the forefront of empowering businesses ranging from startups to Fortune 100 on their journey to digital transformation.
Successful candidates should have a proven track record of strong product and technical design, ability to independently drive cross-group engagements, and familiarity with the tools and processes of cloud developers building hyperscale and highly reliable solutions.
- Well-rounded PM with skills across business, technology and product experiences.
- Solid understanding of PaaS services and some level of experience with cloud developer products and experiences, CI/CD, DevOps or related areas. We are looking for passion for excellent end-to-end experiences for developers and businesses building on Azure ADT.
- Should be comfortable with the product design aspects of the PM role as much as with driving execution within the team as well as with partner teams. You will need to be able to speak publicly with customers about complex business and technical matters including public presentations.
- Work closely with engineers, partners, and stakeholders to gather and prioritize requirements and ensure alignment on scenarios
- Listen and learn directly from customers and through customer data to ensure we’re making correct decisions each step of the way
- Translate ideas into reality by writing high quality specs and driving for results throughout the entire product development cycle
- Partner with the marketing and business teams to identify target customers, value propositions, customer promises, and go-to-market strategies
- Author the product documentation, samples/demos, and customer/field readiness material for your areas of responsibility.
- Present and promote your area of expertise at trade shows, customer events, hackathons, and internal trainings.
- 5+ years of experience in program management or product management shipping enterprise/B2B products
- Strong technical aptitude with a deep understanding of developer-facing tools and services
- Ability to define customer-focused scenarios, author detailed functional specifications and work with partner teams to ensure that scenarios are delivered end-to-end
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and across disciplines as a contributor or leader
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, similar engineering discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- Developer/coding experience on developer-targeted experiences and solutions
- Experience creating quality customer-facing product documentation, tutorials, and usage examples
- Strong passion for delivering simple and elegant end-user experiences and developer API surfaces.
- Proven experience in defining the roadmap, strategy, and go-to-market plans for a major enterprise-targeted product
- Working knowledge of performing market analysis, competitive tear-downs and customer research to validate project priorities and direction.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.