|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you wake up every morning hoping to find time to learn a bit more about platforms like Spark, Kubernetes,Pytorch, or React? Are you interested in building your skills with technologies our cloud customers use everyday to help them build their businesses?
TheCommercial Software Engineering(CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges. We work closely with our customers’ engineers to jointly develop code to solve their biggest challenges and to accelerate their organization. We work in collaboration with Microsoft product teams, partners andopen sourcecommunities to empower our customers to do more with the cloud. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source andmakeour platforms easier to adopt.
We develop solutions side-by-side with our customers through collaborative innovation to solve their challenges. This work involves the development of broadly applicable, high-impact solution patterns andopen sourcesoftware assets that contribute to the Microsoft platform. In this role, you will be working with managers and developers on your team to apply their skills, creativity and aspirations to the benefit of the customers and to advance their careers.
- Working hands-on with your team and our customers through design and implementation, setting examplesforgood engineering practices and coding along the way.
- Exhibiting technical leadershipacrossthe broader CSE organization, with the Microsoft Product teamsand the OSS community.
- Model our core values andbe a mentor, coach and advisor to other engineers on ourteam
- Continuously improving our ability to deliver quality solutions through evolving our engineering process and technical capabilities.
- At least4years of experience shipping or running production systems and/or software.
- Strong service delivery experience including architecture and coding, and ideally building cloud services.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, including working acrossgeographicsand cultures.
- We do not require deep expertise in all software stacks that customers use. However, we do look for people who have significant expertise in one software stack (and preferably more).
- A Bachelor orMaster’sdegree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
- Enjoy travel and comfortable with regional travel up to 20%
At Microsoft we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can haveinourcommunities and for making a difference in the world. Within CSE, we have an informal and flexible work environment.We invest in your health, wellness and financial future by offering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those close to you.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.