|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a company, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As an employer, we empower our own people to achieve more and make a difference in the world. Join us and be one who empowers billions!
- Reach – Microsoft’s resources and scale empowers employees to utilize their skills for lasting impact.
- Freedom – Microsoft values everyone’s talent and skillset and provides the freedom to explore and enhance them.
- Inspiration – inspiration can be found through our products and how they can improve our customers’ lives.
The GDC: The Global Demand Center Team within Microsoft is responsible for delivering integrated marketing experiences for Microsoft by building, running, and innovating a globally scaled engine to deliver connected journeys that delight customers and create fans.
The Analytics team within that, are focused on supporting this mission by providing measurement and analysis of our marketing assets and how they contribute to customer journey, from acquisition to ROI and conversion.
Are you passionate about data, analytics and digital marketing? Would you like to be on a team that is solving the toughest problems in online marketing, in partnership with some of the brightest and most advanced marketers in the world? And all of that whilst working in the dynamic, competitive, customer-focused and data-rich world of cloud based business products (Azure, Dynamics and Office 365)?
You will be an astute, consultative, passionate, individual with a strong analytical and business background. This is crucial as the role, and team, has analytical ownership of high-visibility initiatives across Marketing and Online Advertising, furthering our understanding and driving strategic decisions within a core part of our business.
You will be working closely with all the other analysts in the team, as well as teams across all GDC functions including global content generation and management, paid media and acquisition and retention/growth channels.
This job is for you if you bring a rare blend of analytical excellence, strong business focus, and are seeking a challenging and exciting role within a dynamic, fast-paced and fun business.
- Learn and understand a broad range of data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to at any given time.
- Build analytics to measure program impact, identify trends and anomalies, and influence marketing program investments
- Own the delivery of the reporting and insights on a regular cadence to the stakeholders and senior leadership teams
- Understanding and proactively communicating factors affecting content performance to stakeholders by partnering with business leaders, other analysts and data engineering teams.
- Ensuring insights are both actionable and measurable and you should be able to build these insights and hypothesis with awareness of practical implementation and implications for the business
- Partnering with our Digital Analytics and Data Engineering teams to ensure robust and accurate data capture and continuous improvement of data available for both analytics and the wider business
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and influence business teams in order to drive alignment
- Knowledge sharing through presentations at regional, channel and business wide events, as well as building relationships with analytics teams across the group.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage own projects or programs including work prioritization, planning, and coordination
- Strong communication and data presentation skills, experience analyzing data and communicating the results to senior business leaders
- Ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders
- Solid SQL skills are a requirement – hands on use of big data in large projects using Power BI, Azure, Data Bricks, Presto or Spark
- Proven experience of using R (or similar tools) to structure, transform and visualize big data
- Solid understanding of online marketing, preferably in a past or current role, with experience of Search Engine
- Marketing, Revenue Optimization or Content targeting a plus
- Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges; experience in the development and measurement of multi-variant testing is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Management information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar field preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.