|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Azure Data Governance builds products to simplify data management and governance of data estates spanning on-premises and cloud environments capable of processing data of all shapes and sizes. We’re building a solution to empower enterprises to digitally transform while ensuring right use of data with centralized governance at scale through Azure.
Your work will make it simple for our enterprise customers to understand and control what data is collected and easily manage who has access to that data and for what purpose. The product you’ll build will make data discovery, access and use – simple, compliant and trustworthy.
You’ll be working with a variety of data and security technologies at the apex of scale in collaboration with technical product managers and engineers. You’ll have an opportunity to learn from leaders in the field who’ve created the foundations of modern analytics and database technologies.
Do you want to learn about different data technologies and how to make them secure and privacy compliant? Join this team!
Senior Program Managers on this team are responsible for working with Customers, Program Managers, Designers and Engineers to ensure that product feature requirements are clearly defined, accepted by customers, actionable by engineering and progress is communicated to other members of the team. You’ll be working to define scenarios and Jobs to be Done for users involved in managing data governance to reduce their burden and delight them through our product experiences.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Gathering and grooming functional and non-functional requirements for policy-based enforcement of data access, retention and sharing entitlements
- Working with customers and other PMs to validate the solutions targeted for development
- Unblocking engineering teams working on the policies platform by sourcing feedback and coordination with other PMs on the governance team and partner teams in Azure Data
This role requires working with various remote engineering and PM teams across Redmond, California, Shanghai and Bangalore. You’ll be based in the US.
- BS or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Program Manager
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills
- Previous experience in data technology or security fields is required
- Great curiosity and willingness to question
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
- Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.