|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure’s core priority is to be world's most trusted, secure, and global cloud and a great place to work. Enterprise and edge transformation are important priorities in achieving these goals. Azure Arc team is meeting customers where they are, through our hybrid promise via Arc portfolio of products like Arc enabled Kubernetes (& Arc for Servers).
Satya mentioned in Microsoft’s 2020 shareholder letter, fifty billion devices will come online by 2030, and Azure is the only cloud that extends to the edge, with consistency across operating models, development models, and infrastructure stack. Azure Arc enables organizations to deploy Azure services anywhere and extend Azure management to any infrastructure.
Azure Arc simplifies governance and management by delivering a consistent multi-cloud and on-premises management platform with a single pane of glass. We are looking for software engineers to help us build a world class hybrid platform based on Kubernetes and latest open-source technologies.
You will join us in building a Kubernetes based Arc platform and features that will empower customers to manage their products delivered via a Kubernetes platform from Azure across clouds, data centers, and edge. You will enable partner Azure teams like SQL bring traditionally Azure services to on-prem on a platform using Go, Python, Kubernetes, Linux, Docker & other open-source technologies.
You will also:
- Improve quality of service for Arc services.
- Accelerate development velocity for all engineers and deliver continuous improvements to the team’s process and codebase.
- Build automation to prevent and/or remediate service problems from becoming production incidents.
- 4+ years of experience in commercial software development. (Required)
- BA/BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. (Required)
- Experience in building, shipping and operating reliable, distributed systems software. (Required)
- Experience in Golang and Linux. (preferred)
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes. (preferred)
- Ability to engage in site-reliability engineering practices. (preferred)
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience building RESTful services
- Experience developing software hosted in Azure, AWS, or other similar Cloud platforms
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.