|Job Type:||Full Time|
Users spend more and more time online: shopping, researching, consuming news. The browser has been a passive vehicle to the Internet for over two decades. We believe users deserve better. We believe the browser can help users be more productive and helpful for the millions of consumers, professionals, students, and developers.
The Microsoft Edge team is in a period of rare opportunity. We adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of a new Microsoft Edge browser to create better web compatibility for our customers and reduce fragmentation for all web developers. With the first stable version that was first released in January 2020, we built a strong foundation that has been well received by the community. We are now on a journey to help deliver on unmet customer needs while contributing to the Chromium OSS project, in a way that helps us move the broader web forward.
The browser space is ripe for innovation and has renewed emphasis and support from Microsoft leadership. Edge represents one of the largest revenue growth opportunities for the company. We are making strategic investments to grow Edge share, increase search revenue, drive Microsoft service usage, and delight users.
- Be a great technical leader for the team and broader organization. You will be working with a technically diverse team of between 5 and 8 developers and expected to provide technical direction
- Capable of designing and implementing large feature areas, working in the code, guiding the team, and understanding at a detailed level how the software works
- Architect robust scalable software designs, own technical strategy, have an informed opinion about how the software should evolve and ability to land your design with high quality and on time
- Rigorous quality engineering practices across all phases of product development and deployment
- Create layered, componentized, testable, interface-based designs ensuring a robust high-quality implementation and crafted end-user experiences
- 5+ years of industry Software Development experience in C/C++/C#/Java or other object oriented language
- Enterprise scale development experience with C++ preferred
- Familiarity with web technologies
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Virtual Interview Day on December 11th, 2020. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.