|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Interactive eXperiences Platform (IXP) Team in Windows is responsible for the core composition and input platform that Windows is built upon. This platform powers all interactive experiences within the shell of Windows, from the start menu to Windowing, as well as any app running on Windows. This is the team that brought Touch to Windows, Precision Touchpads to Windows Laptops, and Windows Ink to the 2:1 device. We are on a multi-year journey to re-imagine this platform, with the goal of enabling the best interactive experiences on Windows which showcase cutting-edge hardware innovation.
As part of this job, you will partner with User Experience teams within Windows, hardware engineers in Surface, and other platform teams across the company to shape the future of the Windows platform. You will work with our best application teams within Microsoft, and top 3rd party apps to accelerate adoption of platform tech. You will help evolve and define our platform for the next decade, including driving new hardware standards that push the envelope on human-computing interaction. Your work will influence and shape the look and feel of Windows, you will help us change the world. We ask that you have a keen eye and strong opinions around interactive experiences, a good understanding of app development, and a curiosity or knowledge in hardware. A great mix of these would make you an ideal fit for the team.
- Broad “big picture” thinker with proven instincts in building and driving strategy.
- Successful track record of working collaboratively across multiple teams.
- Have a start-up mentality to move and iterate quickly and isn’t afraid of cross responsibility expectations like coding or designing mockups.
- Motivated self-starter with the drive to create impactful strategies that have durable impact on the product and ecosystem.
- Proven external customer management and partnership experience.
- Prior management experience is preferred but not required.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Knowledge and awareness of Microsoft and competitive Client technologies, such as .NET, ASP, XML/HTML, and XML Web services, etc.
- 5+ years program management or related experience in a technical area
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.