|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be part of a high impact, growth-oriented team with ambitious goals and the potential to improve the quality of life for a billion users?
We are the Content Services team under the WebXT organization (Content Services, Search, Ads and Map). Our goal is to make consuming licensed and web content such as News, Sports, Weather, Finance and others, a daily habit for 1 billion users. As they begin their day, users will be delighted by the personalized, actionable content and insights that are presented to them natively within their Windows, Office, and Browser experiences. We will make viewing these insights second nature to our users. Users desiring more information will be seamlessly transitioned into immersive, engaging experiences with rich, topical information, enabling us to grow both DAU and revenue. We will differentiate these experiences by placing bold bets on state of art Recommendation, Search, AI and Big Data technologies.
To help the team achieve our collective goals, we seek an experienced Principal level Software Engineering Manager who is product focused, technically keen and passionate about people management. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead a global team of data scientists, software engineers and machine learning engineers to achieve business goals. If this sounds exciting, we look forward to receiving your application and reviewing your background!
As a Principal Sotfware Engineering Manager on our team, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing long term vision and growth plans for the team
- Helping the team model an ambiguous problem in machine learning or platform spaces
- Assisting with unblocking the team in tactical issues as well as placing good strategic bets
- Acting as a strong role model for good engineering, clean design and principled thinking
- Hiring and growing qualified talent and leaders
- Building a high-performance, inclusive team
- Contributing to the success of the bigger org and partners
The below qualifications are required for success in this role:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 10+ years of experience developing in C++, C#, Java, or equivalent
- 5+ years of web UX, machine learning or NLP experience
The below list of skills and experiences are relevent to this role, but not required:
- 5+ years experience with overall page optimization of commercial scale Search Engine or Recommendation Engine
- 5+ years experience with experimentation and shipping user experience features on commercial scale Search Engine or Recommendation Engine
- 5+ years experience with managing high performance teams
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.