|Job Type:||Full Time|
Data and Artificial Intelligence (Data&AI), is one of the most strategic & fastest growing businesses worldwide at Microsoft. Given our mission to build THE hyper growth business for the company, there’s never been a more exciting & compelling time to be a part of the Data & AI business at Microsoft!
We’re looking for an exceptional leader, sales execution driver, and cross-team collaborator to accelerate and grow the sales of our Azure Cloud Scale Analytics offerings with a primary focus on winning the cloud-based data warehousing workload. This role will serve as the subject matter expert, customer advocate, owner of the seller experience, and the sales strategy and execution leader for the Worldwide field on the overall solution space of Cloud Data warehouse and Analytics. This role will own primary accountability for meeting or exceeding revenue and scorecard targets as well as building a healthy, sustainable, hyper-growth business for Azure Synapse and the overall Cloud Scale Analytics pillar.
As the worldwide Sales Engineering Lead for Cloud Scale Analytics, you will partner with multiple organizations to develop and drive execution of Analytics sales plays, including clear guidance for a simplified, consistent seller experience, and be recognized as a thought leader for this solution space.
Drive the sales strategy and execution for the Cloud Scale Analytics solutions.
- Provide thought leadership, drive the development, review and sign-off the collateral for each sales play based on the customer perspective and focused on seller adoption and Coach the worldwide sales field including individual contributors and sales managers for effective execution of each sales play
- Role model the seller behaviors and skill sets for successful execution of each sales play through customer engagements, deal coaching workshops, 1-many training events, and 1-1 engagement with sellers and sales managers
- Partner with our sales activation leader, marketing teams, partners and SMC for demand generation strategies and campaigns to a healthy pipeline for this solution space
- Unblock and accelerate deals for the field through regular office hours engagement, on-demand escalations, and win room support
- Active collaboration with the One Commercial Partner team to manage a healthy and motivated partner ecosystem for this solution space both for driving business development and project implementation capabilities
Own the worldwide business results and insights for your sales plays, impacting the WW Cloud Scale Analytics business:
- Accountability for the growth and target attainment on the worldwide business for this solution space
- Actively manage the performance of the business on the leading indicators and KPIs for the business
- Pipeline management and analysis to review the health of the business at the geo, segment, and workload levels
- Identify, capture, and communicate customer, partner, and seller feedback and insights on this solution space to inform the sales strategy as well as overall business strategy. Anticipate issues and influence Corp teams on improvements needed across programs, products and GTMs to improve pipeline, Microsoft’s win, rates and accelerate customers’ projects
Demonstrate thought leadership internally and externally on this solution space to create impact through influence.
- Depth of knowledge on the problem space from the customer perspective as well as the Digital Transformation scenarios that can be unlocked by modernizing the legacy Analytics platforms.
- Learnings and insights on the strengths and weaknesses of competitive offerings and market trends related to this solution space
- Expertise on the seller perspective including the effectiveness of specific plays, guidance, and collateral as well as the keys to delivering a simplified, consistent seller experience for this solutions space.
- Cross-group collaborator. Proven experience working with diverse teams of different functions (technical, sales, marketing, etc) towards a shared vision, engaging stakeholders and driving team to oucomes. Required.
- Growth Mindset. Passion for learning (technical and soft skills), searching for and implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
- Leadership / Influence. Proven ability to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, as well as to influence decision makers, influencers, and peers external stakeholders (partners, customers). Required.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong people, negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Market insights. Understanding of Analytics platforms on-premises and in the cloud (AWS Redshift, GCP Big Query, Appliance Datawarehouses, Hadoop and Spark platforms, etc.) and competitors value prop / differentiators preferred
- Enterprise customer experience in the Analytics solutions. Experience engaging with enterprise customers in the sales, architect or product marketing roles for Analytics solutions in the cloud and on-premises required
- Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to uncover and address customers’ problems required
- Business Results accountability. Experience in roles that had primary accountability for business results including revenue targets and KPI execution required
- Cloud Analytics Depth and Breadth. Knowledge and experience on conceptual or solutions architecture of cloud-based data platform workloads preferably across Analytics workloads required.
- Strategy development and rollout. Experience developing and landing sales strategies or other business strategies for data platform and Analytics solutions preferred.
- Experience. 8+ years of related experience in sales, technical sales, marketing and/or consulting roles
- Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- Certification in domain-specific technologies (Data Engineer, Analyitcs platform certification) preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.