|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a self-motivated, results-driven leader who is passionate about delivering new software capabilities in a modern way, on a rapid cadence that delights not only our customers, but also the Program Managers, Data Scientists, Designers and Content PMs who build those products? Do you have a track record of leading without authority, fostering communities and driving change across organizational boundaries? If so, the Office Engineering team is looking for a Principal Program Manager to invent, bootstrap and lead the effort to listen, measure and improve the day-to-day experiences of the Program Managers, Data Scientists, Designers and Content PMs across the Office Experience Organization (OXO).
The Office Engineering team is at the center of the OXO organization and is responsible for many of the tools, services and infrastructure required to build, test, deploy and sustain the Microsoft Office family of products including; Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and Office Online. This team has traditionally focused on the satisfaction and productivity of Software Engineers, but with this role we’re expanding our focus to include improving the satisfaction, productivity and address the evolving needs of Program Managers, Data Scientists, Designers and Content PMs. Some examples include; accessing, manipulating and gleaning insights from data, work item and project management tools and processes, cross-team collaboration tools and procedures in addition to improving our products and tools for Program Managers, Data Scientists, Designers and Content PMs.
- Leading the overall effort to improve the satisfaction and productivity of Program Managers, Data Scientists, Designers and Content PMs in OXO .
- Deeply understanding the evolving needs and satisfaction inhibitors of these employees.
- Modernizing how we listen, measure, derive actionable insights and drive progress of satisfaction and productivity.
- Establishing and maintaining cross-division partnerships and relationship so all products, tools and experiences meet or exceed the needs of these employees.
- Establishing and driving the rhythm of business and partnerships to accomplish these responsibilities.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proven technical skills and independence.
- Excellent cross-discipline leadership, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Experience leading, driving change and influencing without authority across large organizations.
- Experience defining, measuring, innovating and driving change in large-scale software products and systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate business problems, alternatives, and product strategy.
- Ability to concisely frame problems and design simple solutions.
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering or similar.
- 10+ years of experience working with software
- 5+ years of leading software related programs or projects
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.